EDINBURGH BIDS BONJOUR TO HEINEKEN CUP
With twelve days to go until the Heineken Cup final, the city of Edinburgh is heating up with anticipation of the fight between the two French rugby giants, Toulouse and Stade Francais Paris for the finale of the 2005 competition at Murrayfield Stadium.
Today, Edinburgh officially claimed care of the cup when ERC board member Bill Hogg, handed over the trophy to the city's Lord Provost, Lesley Hinds.
Murrayfield will host the 10th anniversary Heineken Cup Final on Sunday 22 May. Snap up a ticket to be part of the biggest club rugby match to be held in Scotland. Tickets are available from the credit card hotline (0870 040 1925)
Let your excitement build over the next 12 days with various Heineken Cup activities being held at Edinburgh Airport, Ocean Terminal and the Omni Centre. Have a family day out, meet your rugby heroes and learn more about fitness with a myriad of fun rugby activities including the following:
· Saturday 14 May, 12noon-3pm: Heineken Cup fun rugby skills zone at Ocean Terminal, with trophy and Flinty, the Edinburgh Rugby mascot.
· Sunday 15 May, 12noon-3pm: Heineken Cup fun skills zone at St Enoch Centre, Glasgow, with trophy and Wullie the Warrior, the Glasgow Rugby mascot.
· Monday 16 May, 10am: Gold Class Lounge at the Omni Centre, Greenside Place, Edinburgh - including photo-call with giant HCF ticket, Omni promotion Heineken Cup final ticket winners and Miss Scotland, Lois Weatherup
· Tuesday 17 May: Onmi Centre Trophy Display.
· Wednesday 18: Omni Centre Trophy Display.
· Thursday 19 May: Omni Centre Trophy Display.
· Friday 20 May: Omni Centre Trophy Display.
2-5pm: Edinburgh Airport appearance
Team arrival (time to be confirmed).
· Saturday 21 May: 12noon-3pm: Heineken Cup fun skills zone at the Omni Centre
4pm: Trophy to Holyrood for Chairman's dinner.
· Sunday 22 May: Heineken Cup Final Match Day. All day at Murrayfield.
· Thursday 19 May - Sunday 22 May: Absorb a typically French atmosphere at the French Continental Festival in the Grassmarket. Enjoy 40 stalls of the finest produce.
Additional activities and event information will soon be available from the Scottish Rugby website www.scottishrugby.org.