EDINBURGH ENHANCES MATCHDAY EXPERIENCE
Edinburgh Rugby Club Chief Executive Nic Cartwright today announced a series of key measures designed to improve the match day experience for supporters at their home games.
Following the great success of the game against Glasgow on 28 December, where a new Magners League attendance record for Edinburgh was set, the Club will now be putting in place new measures to enhance access on match days.
Cartwright said: "The day was an outstanding success for us - a record crowd, a great game and a win for Edinburgh. The new measures that we will be putting in place will ensure that all our supporters have a more enjoyable match day experience and ensure a more efficient entry to the stadium. As ever we would encourage all our supporters to pre purchase their ticket and to arrive early to enjoy the pre match build up."
As a result, for the next home game (Leicester Tigers, Saturday 12 January, kick off 3.30pm), Edinburgh Rugby Club will be:
• Changing the main ticket purchasing and entry point for the stadium by consolidating the 2 ticket purchase areas into one central location, meaning that there is only 1 place to go to buy or collect tickets. Supporters are urged to purchase tickets in advance to ease this process.
Note - the ticket sales trailer will be located facing the stadium mid way along the West Stand on the back pitches. Supporters will be able to enter the stadium via 2 large turnstiles banks at the Edinburgh Club office and at the Wanderers end (additional entry will be possible at the North stand turnstiles for season ticket holders and advance ticket purchasers).
• Adding barrier control and improved signage to the ticket purchase area.
• Increasing the number of stewards on key areas in the stand. To ensure that all our season ticket holders have access to a good seat in their
• Changing the Match day car park to pre sales only. There will be no car parking available on the day onsite - unless a ticket has been bought in advance.
Note - season ticket holders will use their passes as normal and will operate on a first come first serve basis as the season ticket holders outnumber the spaces. (Please note that with the area around Murrayfield likely to be very busy this weekend, and with parking limited as noted here -supporters should allow enough time for their journeys and park a suitable distance from the ground to avoid the traffic.)
• Increasing the number of food and beverage outlets.
He said: "Our goal is to make every match day as enjoyable as possible for every supporter and we believe these measures we will continue to improve the match day experience."
Edinburgh take on England's double winners, Leicester Tigers on Saturday 12 January, kick off 3.30pm - for tickets please call 0131 346 5180 or click on https://eticketing.co.uk/scottishrugby/default.aspx