Main RSS Feed Forum RSS Feed


Next Fixture

No Upcoming Fixtures Available

Latest Poll

Caullie Lug 16/17

View Results

Log In

Forgot Password

View Article


Ospreys: 17 (5) Gunners: 11 (8)

Two penalties from young stand-off James Hook as tonight's game wound down gave the Ospreys the lead for the first time in the match, and then the victory.  A losing bonus point will be little consolation for the Gunners, who had led until the last five minutes, and could so easily have won had Hook not rescued the home side with an excellent tackle as Marcus Di Rollo looked certain to score midway through the second period.

With the Ospreys looking rusty, Edinburgh looked comfortable in defence and eager to counter from the off.  Chris Paterson opened their account with a penalty, and hit the crossbar with another. Better was to come as Webster extended the visitors' lead to 8, with a try off a trademark Edinburgh counter attack.

Just before half time, however, Byrne touched down for the home team to leave the score at the break 8-5 to the visitors.

A Hook penalty after the break brought the Ospreys level, before  Di Rollo's near miss.  Paterson and Hook then exchanged penalties to leave the sides 11 apiece going into the closing stages.

After a Hodge dropped goal effort had just missed, Hook notched another penalty, and sealed the win with another in injury time to get the hosts out of jail.


Edinburgh: Paterson 2P, Webster 1T

Ospreys: Hook 4P, Byrne 1T

Ospreys: Lee Byrne; Tal Selley, Sonny Parker, Gavin Henson, Shane Williams; James Hook, Justin Marshall; Duncan Jones (capt), Huw Bennett, Adam Jones, Brent Cockbain, Alun-Wyn Jones, Jonathan Thomas, Steve Tandy, Ryan Jones.
Replacements: Richard Hibbard, Paul James, Lyndon Bateman, Filo Tiatia, Martin Roberts, Andrew Bishop, Nikki Walker.

Edinburgh: Hugo Southwell; Chris Paterson (capt), Marcus Di Rollo, Rob Dewey, Simon Webster; Phil Godman, Mike Blair; Allan Jacobsen, Dougie Hall, Alasdair Dickinson, Matt Mustchin, Scott Murray, Alasdair Strokosch, Allister Hogg, Ross Rennie
Replacements: Andrew Kelly, Craig Smith, Fergus Pringle, David Callam, Greig Laidlaw, Duncan Hodge, Mike Pyke.

Referee: Donald Courtney (RFU).