The Slap Is Immense

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

The Slap Is Immense

Postby Martin Bell on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Given that we are entering a new era, is there any chance that The Banner might make a comeback at some point? I can think of no more inspirational way of handseling the Solomons regime (in light winds, at least).
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Re: The Slap Is Immense

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Agreed its representative of what we can do.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby chappo on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:40 pm

:) The banner will indeed resurface! I found it hidden away in a cupboard in the stadium...there are plans afoot with the Supporters' Club pre/post match location etc., and the banner (hopefully) will be on display there - but ideally, it'd be out in the stadium - just need to arrange where and how...and some help to control it on the more gusty days!! It does take some management...I had a nightmare with it at the Toulouse game doing it all by myself.. :s
"La claque est immense!"
chappo
World Cup Star

Postby Ron on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:20 pm

I'd love to see it make a comeback. Reckon it needs a wee bit of adjustment so it can be picked up from a distance and on TV.

We should also educate ER and our players on the what's and why's of it - and maybe even the supporters :)
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:29 pm

An immense response. Carry on!
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby Kfish153 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:24 am

forgive me for my ignorance but can someone explain "the slap is immense" to me?
Kfish153
International

Postby chappo on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:20 am

Kfish153 wrote:forgive me for my ignorance but can someone explain "the slap is immense" to me?

Hi Kfish! I was looking for the original posts on this but looks like they've been archived...

It's from an online report in the French paper L'Equipe after the Edinburgh v Racing Metro (48-47) Heineken Cup match...running a Google translate on the article threw up this wee beauty of a quote...so we nicked it...and made a banner out of it...a BIG 24'x4' one!!

ersc-bannerx2.JPG
ersc-bannerx2.JPG (158.58 KiB) Viewed 10176 times

I'm in agreement with Skovdahl79 here...if we can get ER to have it up in the stadium all the time (apart from internationals) that'd be perfect. :)
"La claque est immense!"
chappo
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Resurrecting this thread in the hope that The Banner can itself be resurrected in tribute to the immense slap delivered last night by Rocky Burleigh.

Does anyone know where it is?
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:27 pm

Can we have it reduced in size so it fits in Myreside :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby hp18 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:53 am

Is there enough time to make a #PrayForPascal banner for the return leg?
hp18
World Cup Star

Postby Oldsalt on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:48 pm

They got another good slap from the Warriors on Saturday or was that a Glasgow kiss?
Still think our 48-47 win was better.
Winston Churchill said that going to sea was like going to prison but with a chance of drowning!
Oldsalt
World Cup Star

Postby chappo on Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:09 pm

Martin Bell wrote:Resurrecting this thread in the hope that The Banner can itself be resurrected in tribute to the immense slap delivered last night by Rocky Burleigh.

Does anyone know where it is?

:( Apparently no one knows where it is. :( It was rolled up in a heavy-duty cardboardy tube with E.R.S.C plastered all over it, but ER/SRU have managed to lose it. How they managed that, I have no idea...it's not like it was of insignificant size...
"La claque est immense!"
chappo
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum