Denton to Bath

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Denton to Bath

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:06 pm

I see Du Preez more as a budget Kieran Read. His handling is excellent and usually spends time out wide boshing people out of the way and deceptive pace. I hope he does better at Strauss at international level who was below expectations in the World Cup. Maybe with time he can acclimatise to the international game. But I think Du Preez is the better player. We'll get to see at the 1872 cup games.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:11 pm

One of the issues with Strauss was his 11th hour qualification which meant that he was getting up to speed with International Rugby in the RWC itself, which is far from ideal. Other than the first game he wasn't terrible and I suspect he would have made a bigger impact had he been eligible to play in the warm-up matches instead of trying to build match sharpness by playing for Glasgow.

I welcome the competition for places that will ensue when CdP becomes SQ.
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:39 pm

Starting for Bath today. At openside.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Obviously looking to play a fast and fluid game plan!

Who else is in back row? They have a lot f options. Better than him in 2nd row which they were suggesting
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Wulver on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:57 am

Anyone know how he got on at openside?
The Wulver
Embra Debut

Postby Frenchy on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:28 am

The Wulver wrote:Anyone know how he got on at openside?

Only from the stats:
Played 72 minutes, then got replaced by Rhys Priestland - probably because Bath's SH had just been yellow carded. Played longer than any other Bath back rower, so can't have been doing too badly.

22m from 8 carries, which more than any other Bath forward. Faletau went off after 11 minutes, so Denton was quite possibly shifted to number 8 then.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:37 am

Frenchy wrote:
The Wulver wrote:Anyone know how he got on at openside?

Only from the stats:
Played 72 minutes, then got replaced by Rhys Priestland - probably because Bath's SH had just been yellow carded. Played longer than any other Bath back rower, so can't have been doing too badly.

22m from 8 carries, which more than any other Bath forward. Faletau went off after 11 minutes, so Denton was quite possibly shifted to number 8 then.

I watched the highlights on the Aviva Prem site, it shows Dents making a couple of big carries (and getting hit by a shoulder charge by Lawes who must have mistaken Dents for a fly half - that might explain the Priestland substitution :roll: ). Denton was indeed packing down at number 8 in the scrum on the highlights reel.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:02 pm

Bath fans seemed to be very happy with how he played, though as mentioned, the majority of that was at 8, not 7.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum