Matt Scott

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Matt Scott

Postby Weegie on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:42 pm

Frenchy wrote:In the 2012-2013 season, which is the season before Alan Solomons arrived, Matt Scott played twelve Pro12 matches for Edinburgh.

He played 12 five times, and 13 seven times.

Genuinely surprised at that. If you'd asked me, I'd have assumed he played mostly 12. Where did you get the info?
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Weegie wrote:
Frenchy wrote:In the 2012-2013 season, which is the season before Alan Solomons arrived, Matt Scott played twelve Pro12 matches for Edinburgh.

Genuinely surprised at that. If you'd asked me, I'd have assumed he played mostly 12. Where did you get the info?

Pro12 website: www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/fixtures_list.php?

Went through Edinburgh's matches, counted up the number of times he played in each position.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:00 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:

Stop cheating, facts should never be used to win an argument on here! :lol:

I had totally forgotten that Scott had filled in at 13 when Nick De Luca was injured just prior to 2013 6N and our only other fit Centre was Ben Atiga (probably the only time Atiga was fit!). Scott was restored to 12 as soon as De Luca returned from injury just before the end of the season.

probably the least worst option for Bradley at the time, Scott at 12 and Atiga at 13 would never have worked.

Totally not the same situation as Strauss at 12 and Scott at 13 though.
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Anyone got any info if MS will play again this season or if operation required. One of my kids really hoping to see his hero playing in blacknred at least one more time before becoming a cherry and white.
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:52 am

Ayton1keith wrote:Anyone got any info if MS will play again this season or if operation required. One of my kids really hoping to see his hero playing in blacknred at least one more time before becoming a cherry and white.

He was due to have an assessment on surgery requirement on Friday, but no news yet.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:39 pm

macdone wrote:Im a fan of matt scott but it's frustrating seeing him going the way he is.

I'm afraid that we can make this assessment about all the talented backs at Embra.
Coaches must be changed.

Though it's not going to happen very quickly (hope to be wrong), I'm happy for him. Such a great player, a bit wasted here.
Shame on SRU that the way we are playing makes our best backs run away (for their good!) as soon as possible...
germain
World Cup Star

Postby Mitch on Sun May 01, 2016 12:19 am

Shame on SRU that the way we are playing makes our best backs run away (for their good!) as soon as possible...

So, did the way Glasgow were playing make Maitland, DTH, and Nico ... 'run away (for their good!)' ???
Mitch
Established pro

Postby GaryIPA on Sun May 01, 2016 8:44 am

How many games has scott played for Edinburgh this season
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sun May 01, 2016 9:38 am

GaryIPA wrote:How many games has scott played for Edinburgh this season

11games, which is more than I thought given the World Cup, 6N and injuries.
Last season he played 10, before that 10, then 16 then a phenomenal 24.

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/edinburgh ... matt-scott
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun May 01, 2016 11:15 am

Tichtheid wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:How many games has scott played for Edinburgh this season

11games, which is more than I thought given the World Cup, 6N and injuries.
Last season he played 10, before that 10, then 16 then a phenomenal 24.

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/edinburgh ... matt-scott

This really puts Nel & Bresler's "attendance records" into perspective. Bresler likely to finish his 2nd season on 51 Games (average of over 25 a season) and Nel on 97 at the end of his 4th season (average of just under 25 a season) Nel's fourth season only contributed 15 games due to RWC & 6N's, so he averaged over 27 games a season in his 1st 3 years at Edinburgh. i was stunned to notice he played a staggering 30 games last season before he qualified for the Scottish National Side.

They breed 'em tough in South Africa!!

All this a great intro and excuse to watch this again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wsz0JoNdPM
I love how knackered he was after this and recall he left the field a few minutes later. Epic stuff!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun May 01, 2016 1:54 pm

That vid also managed to get Piers Francis only successful kick in an ER jersey. :) great try.

We do appear to have suffered with a lot of our "star" players like Scott and Gilchrist missing an awful lot of game time for ER over the years. Visser and CDP both had long term injuries, Manu could have been brilliant for us this year, when we don't have quality depth in the squad we really suffer without quality replacements.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun May 01, 2016 1:56 pm

To be fair I don't think Bresler would have played nearly as many games if Gilchrists and Toolis had been fit. He is a tieless worker though. Just about last man standing in the 2nd row.

Also gives way to the myth that players need rested to perform. Nel and Bresler are pretty consistant. So rotating for the sake of it unless you have similar standard replacements is daft. CDP also this year has played a huge amount of rugby. There are limits but players need to play, particularly in the forwards. The girls prefer time to ensure their nails and hair are looking good though.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:09 pm

Scott grabs two tries in his first half for Glaws...fairly confident Tofilau will get three tomorrow so Scott will soon be forgotten.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:56 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Scott grabs two tries in his first half for Glaws...fairly confident Tofilau will get three tomorrow so Scott will soon be forgotten.

I thought he had a cracking game, took his two tries in the same way he did for us and for Scotland by running great support lines - it's simple stuff, but he excels at it and others just don't do it.
Good defence, too.

I thought Glaws were hard done by at the lineout - straight down your own line is not straight and every time Tiggers formed a maul guys were joining in front of the ball, against the supposed new strict interpretation of the laws. Hey ho.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby djphilp on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:40 pm

According to Twitter he has signed a long term deal with us :D
Click on the logo above for Edinburgh's official website.
djphilp
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum