Myreside

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Myreside

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun May 08, 2016 10:51 am

Apparently we're splitting from BT Murrayfield next season. Going to play half the season there and half the season at Myreside with a view to it becoming our permanent home. I don't know how I feel about this to be honest. Whilst I agree we need out of Murrayfield I think Myreside is a bit too small. I know we aren't blessed with big crowds at present but what if we start playing well and winning more games and crowds come back. I presume just go back to Murrayfield?
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Re: Myreside

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun May 08, 2016 11:36 am

Believe it is to be confirmed Tuesday will play up to 1872 at murrayfield then rest of season at myreside. Assuming some work needed at myreside which is why not first half of season.

Will wait for full details should be a positive move in the short term, will be interested to hear if there is a longer term strategy as well at same venue.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun May 08, 2016 11:57 am

Need to accept playing in a 'too small' stadium if we're going to move but need to announce before st go on sale
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Sun May 08, 2016 12:02 pm

On current form we will struggle to fill it! It won’t impress potential signings when they see the changing rooms!
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sun May 08, 2016 12:19 pm

doedin wrote:On current form we will struggle to fill it! It won’t impress potential signings when they see the changing rooms!

Lucky they dont need to use the toilet facilities like us mere Mortals.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun May 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Outside of the 1872 have we had over 5000 this season, just short yesterday?

Suspect if we had made top6 ST prices would have gone up will be interesting to see how this move impacts ST sales. More sold because there is not the capacity to guarantee being able to get a ticket or less because it is away from murrayfield or just the same few thousand.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Sun May 08, 2016 12:58 pm

I don't know a lot about Myreside admittedly, but isn't the capacity around 3000 odd? I'd hope we can at least expand that to about 6-7,000.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sun May 08, 2016 1:09 pm

Excellent news. At last we seem to be moving to stadium which can, with a bit of upgrading, become a suitable and attractive home for us. I welcome this, if it's true.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Sonicboom on Sun May 08, 2016 2:07 pm

I hope they have considered parking. I suspect a reasonably large proportion of season ticket holders like myself don't live within the boundaries of Edinburgh so are reliant on driving in.
Sonicboom
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun May 08, 2016 2:45 pm

doedin wrote:On current form we will struggle to fill it! It won’t impress potential signings when they see the changing rooms!

To be fair when I catch the odd English Premiership games on tv none of their changing rooms are that impressive. Just benches etc so I think Myreside is comparatively alright. It's not a hugely impressive ground though and won't dazzle anyone into joining. But if it becomes a bit of identity it would be great. Must be soul destroying playing in a cavernous ground. Scoutstoun/the Sportsground don't hold back Glasgow or Connacht to be fair.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun May 08, 2016 3:24 pm

If this is all true, I just wish for once in their lives, the SRU / Club would get on the front foot and make a full, detailed announcement before it is rumoured, kicked around, and debated to within an inch of it's life on here. There is not a signing, departure or development this year that I can think of that had any impact when it was released through official channels as it was already out there. The PR machine is probably the only thing that seems to be mis-firing worse than our back line just now. :roll:

Lets see what comes out. Tuesday's the day it appears.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/r ... pointment/
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun May 08, 2016 6:17 pm

The main thing they need to do is repair and extend the terracing. If that's done it'll hold 5000 no problem.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby take five on Sun May 08, 2016 7:02 pm

Would be concerned about lack of parking and is there enough overhead cover?
Rugby is a lot like jazz..... it's best when you improvise.
take five
International

Postby GaryIPA on Sun May 08, 2016 7:23 pm

take five wrote:Would be concerned about lack of parking and is there enough overhead cover?

The cover thing could be an issue. I remember the game they let everyone in the stand it was so wet. May nit encourage older fans or families.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun May 08, 2016 8:35 pm

Have to assume that they will be dealing with that in the first half of next season.

Given Glasgow manage to stick up two fairly large stands at a weeks notice there must be some serious work being done to the ground. Which is makes it surprising that it is a 6 month trial (although we dotn know any facts so may not be.)

When the Borders played at Netherdale the main issues were under soil heating, although they may get around that by having M'field as a backup, hospitality facilitates which were portacabins. Good enough floodlights which I assume are already there and a ticket office.

parking shouldn't be a problem, if they can get council permission to hold events of over 5k then there will need to be transport arrangements taken into consideration.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum