Myreside

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Myreside

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:07 am

Anyone make it along to last nights event, thoughts on how it is looking?
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby MikeyBlair2004 on Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:20 pm

hi there the feral goat I personally went along and have to say I was rather impressed with the new temp stands just cant wait to see them filled with people was hoping for a closer inspection on them but was blocked off as they were finishing the roof
a new dawn begins lets gert our act together and improve this season
MikeyBlair2004
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:09 am

Thanks Mikey, I am guessing they may have struggled to get everything in place for the Munster match had it gone ahead as planned? Anyway I am looking forward to Friday night I know quite a few folk that don’t normally go to Murrayfield that have bought tickets for Myreside so fingers crossed both Stadium and team deliver on the night.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:32 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Thanks Mikey, I am guessing they may have struggled to get everything in place for the Munster match had it gone ahead as planned? Anyway I am looking forward to Friday night I know quite a few folk that don’t normally go to Murrayfield that have bought tickets for Myreside so fingers crossed both Stadium and team deliver on the night.

I'm guessing they re-planned after the Munster game was postponed and as such saved a wee bit of money by doing less work in the Christmas / New Year period.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:27 pm

Looking forward to Friday night, let's hope it all goes to plan.
Pitfitter

Postby Bob on Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:03 pm

Where's the best spot for pre/post game pints?

Facebook says they're opening the bar (tent) in Myreside 90mins before kickoff. Boroughmuirs ground is close by too, and probably has better beer (assuming Myreside has same set up as Murrayfield)
Bob
One cap wonder

Postby bignose on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:39 pm

Bob wrote:Where's the best spot for pre/post game pints?

Been a long time since I've been out and about in the area, but Bennet's Bar and The Canny Mans are within comfortable walking distance. Don't know if they're still any good.
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:00 am

bignose wrote:

Been a long time since I've been out and about in the area, but Bennet's Bar and The Canny Mans are within comfortable walking distance. Don't know if they're still any good.

Those 2 are good. Also the Waiting Room or Montpelier´s depending what kind of place you like.
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:37 am

macdone wrote:
bignose wrote:

Those 2 are good. Also the Waiting Room or Montpelier´s depending what kind of place you like.

I'm going to the waiting room. Decent selection of beer in there
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Is all the seating in the stands behind the goals unreserved?
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Crichton Gunner wrote:Is all the seating in the stands behind the goals unreserved?

Aye - only reserved seating is in the main stand.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:02 pm

That was frustrating last night from an atmosphere point of view. All the building blocks were there but the game just never built any momentum or excitement due to the sheer number of stoppages. Will reserve judgement on that facet until after Munster and Cardiff. The Supporter's tent format looked good and was better configured than the Presidents to find and meet people.

I liked it and think it's going to be a lot better than BTM. What they need to change however:

1. Toilet provision - not enough and wrong format (without getting too technical on the matter)
2. Catering - Clearly not ER design but this having the catering "outside" and having to leave the ground against the flow of people coming is is barking mad. I'm sure it will be due to some planning / licensing or sop to residents but it's a disaster and hopefully ECC were there last night, witnessed it for themselves and will permit that to be changed.
3. Not permitting people over the bridge during game time - Why?

In summary, some obvious improvements to make but I think I'm going to like it there!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Wottie wrote:That was frustrating last night from an atmosphere point of view. All the building blocks were there but the game just never built any momentum or excitement due to the sheer number of stoppages. Will reserve judgement on that facet until after Munster and Cardiff. The Supporter's tent format looked good and was better configured than the Presidents to find and meet people.

I liked it and think it's going to be a lot better than BTM. What they need to change however:

1. Toilet provision - not enough and wrong format (without getting too technical on the matter)
2. Catering - Clearly not ER design but this having the catering "outside" and having to leave the ground against the flow of people coming is is barking mad. I'm sure it will be due to some planning / licensing or sop to residents but it's a disaster and hopefully ECC were there last night, witnessed it for themselves and will permit that to be changed.
3. Not permitting people over the bridge during game time - Why?

In summary, some obvious improvements to make but I think I'm going to like it there!

Indeed. We have something comparable to Hughenden in the 90s
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Watson's school 1st XV play their last match tomorrow. The remainder of the season's fixtures have been cancelled due to the opposition pulling out, some of whom have openly said the are fed up losing to Watsons. Anyhow, this means the pitch will get less wear for the rest of the season.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:23 am

Weegie wrote:Watson's school 1st XV play their last match tomorrow. The remainder of the season's fixtures have been cancelled due to the opposition pulling out, some of whom have openly said the are fed up losing to Watsons. Anyhow, this means the pitch will get less wear for the rest of the season.

That's more than a bit jamesmatthew

What are they teaching them in these schools, ffs?
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum