Timisoara Saracens v EDI

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Timisoara Saracens v EDI

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Thought i would start new topic for tomorrows game

Team is out

15. Scholes
14. Northam
13. Tofilau
12. Rasolea
11. Allen
10. Tovey
9. SHC

1. Dell
2. Rambo
3. McAllum
4. McKenzie
5. Toolis
6. Mata
7. Hardie
8. Manu

Cochrane, Sutherland, Cosgrove, Carmichael, Fihaki, Fowles, Kinghorn, Bryce

Relatively strong team particularly in the back row. Look forward to seeing what Mata can do and what Northam brings to the wing
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Timisoara Saracens v EDI

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:55 pm

That is potentially a very exciting side, if they can get some fluency going they should do well.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:18 pm

It's a decent side even with a fair few players rested. Definitely a very mobile pack with an attacking backline to go with it.

Still concerned about the front row, we're starting an academy player who's primarily a loosehead and our replacement's a player 1 year out of the academy who's also a LH. Romanians tend to be no mugs at the scrum, could get ugly, but still no excuse to not come away with a good win.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Good to have the team freshened up for this one. I'm expecting exciting pace from Northam, but maybe with some of the technical side still raw - so probably defends like Visser :lol: Very much looking forward to seeing tat back row, and Mata in particular - hoping for some nice offloads and line breaks. Good luck to McCallum - a decent debut last week, hopefully he can build on it and last the 80 - I'm no expert but I thought you couldn't just drop loose heads in at tight head, yet Cosgrove may have to do that. Main worry is front row, expect the Romanians to be physical there.

Big game for Scholes - hasn't exactly hit the ground running in his outings so far, time to deliver on the hype, as Ulster fans seem to rate him.

All in all, should be an interesting game, hoping for more expansive play. Suspect the team may be rather different for the Quins match...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Well, no one can complain about the lack of squad rotation now.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:35 pm

I thought Cosgrove was a LH - seems he's covering TH?
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:I thought Cosgrove was a LH - seems he's covering TH?

Possibly Dell is primary TH cover.

I see Nick Beavon is playing for Melrose tomorrow against Heriot's. Hoping to make it along.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Frenchy wrote:
Friday Knight Lights wrote:I thought Cosgrove was a LH - seems he's covering TH?

Possibly Dell is primary TH cover.

I see Nick Beavon is playing for Melrose tomorrow against Heriot's. Hoping to make it along.

That might be it - he was listed at #18 on his debut for Scotland U20, but played at LH for other games in the 2014 U20 6Ns. Also looks like he played LH down at the exiles last season.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:17 pm

Yeah, quite a strong team. The front row is maybe a bit troublesome, but it really is one game where McCallum can be tried as a starter. Interesting for Cosgrove, but I hope he'll stay a LH on the long term. I thought he was an outsantding LH for the -20.

Carmichael also deserved a start but he'll have to wait.
I like the Rasolea-Tofilau midfield!

No news on Watson injury?
germain
World Cup Star

Postby Jockybadger on Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:09 pm

6 out of the 7 backs NSQ (none of the 6 world beaters), sorry for being a damp squib but part of the reason for Edinburgh's existence is to help promote Scottish talent.

If Conrad Smith or some other world class guy then fine but boys who couldn't get a game for Ulster.............
Jockybadger
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Jockybadger wrote:6 out of the 7 backs NSQ (none of the 6 world beaters), sorry for being a damp squib but part of the reason for Edinburgh's existence is to help promote Scottish talent.

If Conrad Smith or some other world class guy then fine but boys who couldn't get a game for Ulster.............

like seymour

ffs just ffs
Last edited by GaryIPA on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:15 pm

need to get a BP no excuses, not sure what to make of the side, hopefully been playing together this week
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:22 pm

gowrie wrote:It's a decent side even with a fair few players rested. Definitely a very mobile pack with an attacking backline to go with it.

Still concerned about the front row, we're starting an academy player who's primarily a loosehead and our replacement's a player 1 year out of the academy who's also a LH. Romanians tend to be no mugs at the scrum, could get ugly, but still no excuse to not come away with a good win.

The Romanians who are no mugs are playing in France and this isn't the Ceaușescu period. I suspect they'll be solid but not spectacular
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Is there any chance of a dodgy Romanian stream, or periscope, for this? Anyone who's out there fancy running up a thousand pound bill to broadcast on Facebook live? I'll chip a couple of quid in.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Jockybadger on Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Evening GaryIPA,

not sure where your ffs are coming from..............its unlikely any of the NSQ boys are likely to be 1/2 as good as Seymour & Seymour was SQ when he was signed & turned out very good, all that Scholes, Allen are doing is stopping the progression of young equally talented Scotsman.
Jockybadger
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum