Edinburgh - Ulster

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh - Ulster

Postby macdone on Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:56 pm

How about comparing the wage bill of the 2 sides?
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:00 pm

Only stats worth comparing are the numbers 28 and 17 at FT
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:48 pm

Frenchy wrote:
germain wrote:11 irish international on duty?
In the irish squad for ABs, I count only 4 from Ulster: Best, Gilroy, Trimble and Payne.
Which is a bit less than our 5 absentees for this game: Dell, Ford, Gilchrist, Hardie, Watson.
What did I miss?

Think he's counting all unavailable Ulster players - including those who are unavailable due to injury.

and those otherwise unavailable ;)
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:45 am

I rewatched the gameon Youtube.
That was a good game. The outcome could have been different though if the Piutau's try had not been cancelled.
Our control of second halves is still not great but it's improving.

Cosgrove and McCallum really looked promising, even if they were struggling a bit at scrum time in the second-half.
Ben Toolis had a great game. Maybe the Toolis-Gilchrist combo is not the best. Gilchrist-McKenzie or Toolis-McKenzie is maybe better. Our back three was excellent. A good forward display, overall, well lead by captain Cochrane, even though Ulster pack is maybe not anymore the strength they were in the past.

In the backs, Burleigh and Kinghorn are great. Tovey was reliable (as well as Allen) and Hoyland dangerous. I still think that Dean is not the best option at 13. Hodge still has to find the best combo in the centre, but I can understand why he chose to go with Dean again. I'm looking for some change after the three week break though.

Anyway, it's really interesting to see this team develop. Please, more continuity week in week out, and during the two halves. Still 8 points behind Scarlets/Cardiff: we are far from the sixth place, but there is still hope, thanks to Solly's departure.
germain
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum