Edinburgh v Stade Francais

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh v Stade Francais

Postby Patexwanderer on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:08 pm

I attended this match as I was in City on business . Really nervy start from Edinburgh contrasting with very aggressive pumped up Stade from the get go putting huge pressure ( much of it offside) on defence at speed . Edinburgh struggled in set piece and rarely produced quick ball for backs . . . Tovey also looked out of sorts. What impressed me was the second half response and the mental strength of young players like Watson ,Toolis and Dean who showed no rdeference in contact with their illustrious French counterparts. Unfortunate too to lose Brown who was best of the backs. Unlucky to lose a try after blatant forward pass in run up to try and And Kinghorn having done all the hard work after slick play by Dean and Watson lost the Ball in going over the whitewash. This side has potential and may well give Glasgow a real game particularly if the scrum and lineout can improve performance .
Patexwanderer
Embra Debut

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum