Fixture announcements

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Fixture announcements

Postby biffer on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:07 pm

Games vs Munster, Cardiff and Ospreys all confirmed for Friday nights.

Munster is the night before the Scotland Ireland game and Cardiff the night before Scotland v Wales. So there's two sellout crowds at Myreside!
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: Fixture announcements

Postby Frenchy on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:13 pm

How's your liver feeling about that?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Rasho on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:58 pm

Sell out with opposition fans isn't the improved atmosphere we're after... lets hope we can get a lot of Edinburgh fans along.
Rasho
Established pro

Postby Wottie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:07 pm

At last common sense prevails and Pro12 games during the 6N are scheduled to catch a big crowd. Mind you we only have about 1,000 or so more than our average gate at Myreside don't we? Going to be some disappointed Munstermen!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Frenchy wrote:How's your liver feeling about that?

Quivering with excitement
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:51 pm

biffer wrote:Games vs Munster, Cardiff and Ospreys all confirmed for Friday nights.

Munster is the night before the Scotland Ireland game and Cardiff the night before Scotland v Wales. So there's two sellout crowds at Myreside!

And those Friday nights just happen to be the same nights that the U20s and the Women are playing their 6 Nations games.

<sigh>
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:06 pm

bignose wrote:
biffer wrote:Games vs Munster, Cardiff and Ospreys all confirmed for Friday nights.

And those Friday nights just happen to be the same nights that the U20s and the Women are playing their 6 Nations games.

<sigh>

Both the U20s and Women's games are in Cumbernauld, it's debatable as to how much impact the fixtures will have on the Edinburgh game and vice versa.

The venue for the weekend of the Cardiff game for these teams is yet to be announced, but I remember a U20s game in Inverness, that would have no affect at all if it was there or Aberdeen or Ayrshire.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:53 am

Looking at those fixtures I can see us only wining one of these. Dragons at home. We may pick up a second win with a bit of luck and a couple of Bp so finishing on 24-26 points nearly 30 points worse than last season with a coach few wanted. I'm really at a complete loss. If anyone can see more than this I'm open to persuasion
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:37 am

GaryIPA wrote:Looking at those fixtures I can see us only wining one of these. Dragons at home. We may pick up a second win with a bit of luck and a couple of Bp so finishing on 24-26 points nearly 30 points worse than last season with a coach few wanted. I'm really at a complete loss. If anyone can see more than this I'm open to persuasion

Come on GaryIPA, you're forgetting about the Myreside factor. Munster, Cardiff, Ospreys, Connacht and Newport, they are all toast, they just don't know it yet!

Anyone else for an early morning whisky? :wink:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:58 am

Sliante
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star