Zebre - Edinburgh: time for revenge?

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Zebre - Edinburgh: time for revenge?

Postby Sonicboom on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:22 am

Alex Toolis is in Australia, his twin brother Ben is playing for us! I do agree he should be in the Scotland squad though. Dominant in the line out and although slightly lacking bulk he's very hard working round the park
Sonicboom
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:29 am

disco wrote:9 starters backing up off a 5 day turnaround - plus Dell who played more than half the game. The second half of the season is going to be hard enough for Edinburgh without overplaying players.

On which subject I'd noted a couple of things while doing the Edinburgh Depth Chart:

Is Alex Toolis being flogged a bit? He's been in every single matchday squad this season and tomorrow's game will be his 15th start in a row. Meanwhile Lewis Carmichael is at least involved but still hasn't started a match for Edinburgh despite being attached to them for at least 2 seasons.

The other one that stuck out was Blair Kinghorn. Still only a teenager but again he's been in every matchday squad and tomorrow will be his 9th consecutive start. Not helped by the coaches seemingly only considering the club to only have 2 options to play full back (Kinghorn and Bryce). Because of course there's no way that Tom Brown could possibly cover there...

Solomons is gone but it's still almost the same rotation policy. We tend to keep going the same team, if you except 9 and 10, plus the back-row. You can be sure than if Burleigh was fit, he would be playing at 12.
Tom Brown is one of the very few players to be rotated regularly.
germain
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:05 pm

Anyone got a streaming link for this?
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby devils advocate on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:11 pm

liveinhope wrote:Anyone got a streaming link for this?

+1
I console myself with the thought that I must have been really bad in a previous life for me to come back in this one and have my punishment as a supporter of the Scotland rugby team.
devils advocate
International

Postby MikeyBlair2004 on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:54 pm

WE WIN WE WIN 24-19 :airborne: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: couldn't find a stream had to deal with twitter more stressful than the tv screeen
a new dawn begins lets gert our act together and improve this season
MikeyBlair2004
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:56 pm

A 24-19 win in the end. A positive note to end the year on, here's hoping 2017 is a more successful year than 2016 for us. Happy new year everbody, clappies and curmudgeons alike :)
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:53 pm

Well maybe not a thrashing but a victory anyway. Highlights on Alba sometime?
Pitfitter

Postby biffer on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:00 pm

Brief highlights on Alba. Didn't look convincing, our tries both quite opportunist. But a win is a win, we need some momentum.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:21 pm

biffer wrote:Brief highlights on Alba. Didn't look convincing, our tries both quite opportunist. But a win is a win, we need some momentum.

So still completely unable to create a score?
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:02 pm

You could argue that The King created Helu's try with a clever kick, I think.

At the moment, I will settle for scores however they happen. Marks for artistic impression can come later.
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:23 pm

Guys dug deep and got a win, would have been easy to lose this one so a good result. First try was a bit fortunate but they all count. We need to learn how to grind out results like this regardless of how well or badly we play. Bookies got it exactly right. Lets move onto the next game now.
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:25 pm

germain wrote:
disco wrote:9 starters backing up off a 5 day turnaround - plus Dell who played more than half the game. The second half of the season is going to be hard enough for Edinburgh without overplaying players.

On which subject I'd noted a couple of things while doing the Edinburgh Depth Chart:

Is Alex Toolis being flogged a bit? He's been in every single matchday squad this season and tomorrow's game will be his 15th start in a row. Meanwhile Lewis Carmichael is at least involved but still hasn't started a match for Edinburgh despite being attached to them for at least 2 seasons.

The other one that stuck out was Blair Kinghorn. Still only a teenager but again he's been in every matchday squad and tomorrow will be his 9th consecutive start. Not helped by the coaches seemingly only considering the club to only have 2 options to play full back (Kinghorn and Bryce). Because of course there's no way that Tom Brown could possibly cover there...

Solomons is gone but it's still almost the same rotation policy. We tend to keep going the same team, if you except 9 and 10, plus the back-row. You can be sure than if Burleigh was fit, he would be playing at 12.
Tom Brown is one of the very few players to be rotated regularly.

You have a coaching staff trying to secure a job for next season. I can see them picking their preferred 1st choice players as often as they can get away with (allowing for niggles, Scotland requirements etc)
BigD163
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum