Embra vs Timisoara Saracens, 20 January @ Myreside

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Embra vs Timisoara Saracens, 20 January @ Myreside

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:39 am

Less than 200 tickets left, good effort!

Cochrane 50th cap and captain tonight even though Gilchrist starting, we don't usually have 50th/100th caps as captain do we?
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:00 am

The Feral Goat wrote:Less than 200 tickets left, good effort!

Cochrane 50th cap and captain tonight even though Gilchrist starting, we don't usually have 50th/100th caps as captain do we?

No. Perhaps a "just concentrate on playing well" thing for Gilchrist.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:30 pm

Ayton1keith wrote:Surprised that Anton Bressler, isn't among the replacements for this game, especially as he was lined up to play for Melrose last weekend. Thought this game and with respect to the opposition would have been ideal to give him 20/25 mins to help with some needed game time.

Melrose game was cancelled due to weather, so it's understandable he'd be held back another week and eased into it. Though perhaps it would have been better to start Carmichael over Toolis and have Bresler on the bench.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Unreserved tickets sold out. 13 single tickets remaining in the Main Stand.

Hope nobody was relying on a walk up ticket.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:46 pm

biffer wrote:Unreserved tickets sold out. 13 single tickets remaining in the Main Stand.

Hope nobody was relying on a walk up ticket.

Happy days. Suggests a lot of new people coming along.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:09 pm

A sell out for the first match is great, just think how much "noisy supporter participation razzamatazz" there shall be tonight :)

Lets hope the team put on a display that brings folk back again.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby royc on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:31 pm

New Gunner wrote:The capacity of around 6,000 is right I think, but if memory serves correctly 5,500 was mentioned for the Timisoara game. Would speculate this was to a) make sure we had a chance of nearly or actually selling out the first game, bearing in mind the quality of opposition and reliance on home support; b) to test that the standing capacity works in practice and is deemed safe. That being the case, would expect capacity to rise for the Munster game all being well. 5000 for.this game would be a fantastic effort

The figure given for the Timisoara game was actually 4,000, which I thought at the time was a bit optimistic! If there's 4,000 or more there, that will be a cracking result.

The other 5 games were all forecast at 5,500, or just about full capacity. Edit, correction, faulty memory cell: The Munster and Cardiff games were forecast 5,500, the games later in the season - Ospreys, Connacht, Dragons - were 4,500.
royc
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

royc wrote:
New Gunner wrote:The capacity of around 6,000 is right I think, but if memory serves correctly 5,500 was mentioned for the Timisoara game. Would speculate this was to a) make sure we had a chance of nearly or actually selling out the first game, bearing in mind the quality of opposition and reliance on home support; b) to test that the standing capacity works in practice and is deemed safe. That being the case, would expect capacity to rise for the Munster game all being well. 5000 for.this game would be a fantastic effort

The figure given for the Timisoara game was actually 4,000, which I thought at the time was a bit optimistic! If there's 4,000 or more there, that will be a cracking result.

The other 5 games were all forecast at 5,500, or just about full capacity. Edit, correction, faulty memory cell: The Munster and Cardiff games were forecast 5,500, the games later in the season - Ospreys, Connacht, Dragons - were 4,500.

Those were forecasts for the crowd, not the capacity.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Capacity should be around 5600-5700 according to this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrME1pgWIAAmdNO.jpg
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:23 pm

In a hell of a balls up, I appear to have not bought a ticket after all. Must've forgotten to click "confirm" on the final page or something daft like that.

EDIT: If anyone has a spare, please shout!
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:26 pm

oops! I am sure some of the lovely local residents will let you watch from their balconies?
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:27 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:oops! I am sure some of the lovely local residents will let you watch from their balconies?

They made enough noise about not being put into shade by the stand, I bet they're out there this evening.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby royc on Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:31 pm

biffer wrote:
royc wrote:

Those were forecasts for the crowd, not the capacity.

Mine was in response to NewGunner's comment about 5,000 crowd being a fantastic effort, not about capacity.

The capacity is sort of known, JP said at the outset it was 5,500-6,000, it may have reduced a bit in line with the shrinkage of the north stand but I'd think there is maybe scope to increase standing numbers.

Whatever, hope tonight is a big success!
royc
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Fair enough 8)
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Rasho on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:49 pm

Great to get a sell out! Really excited to see how atmosphere is and it bodes well for filling with home support for the games during the 6N
Rasho
Established pro

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum