Nel's neck

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Nel's neck

Postby Weegie on Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:51 pm

Am I a bad person for thinking this might reduce interest from other clubs?
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Weegie wrote:Am I a bad person for thinking this might reduce interest from other clubs?

We've all thought about it I think but potentially Nel will think now's the time to make some serious euros.

I'm not sure how it'll go with him but hopefully he makes a full recovery.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby djphilp on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:28 pm

Would think he is unlikely to move anywhere until he has proven he can still play fullstop. No team will be likely to get insurance on him until he has proven he can still play rugby after his surgery.
Click on the logo above for Edinburgh's official website.
djphilp
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
Weegie wrote:Am I a bad person for thinking this might reduce interest from other clubs?

We've all thought about it I think but potentially Nel will think now's the time to make some serious euros.

I'm not sure how it'll go with him but hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Not bad. Realistic
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:11 pm

Real shame that he has had to have surgery, obviously more serious than first thought. However some excellent surgeons in Embra and he is in the best of hands, I hope it goes well and he can come back and play. Is this not the same thing that Craig Smith have some years ago and he came back and played?

Best bet for all parties would be we re-sign him and look after him well, he rehabs and is fighting fit for start of next season and he and his family continue his happy life in Embra.
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:58 am

doedin wrote:Real shame that he has had to have surgery, obviously more serious than first thought. However some excellent surgeons in Embra and he is in the best of hands, I hope it goes well and he can come back and play. Is this not the same thing that Craig Smith have some years ago and he came back and played?

Best bet for all parties would be we re-sign him and look after him well, he rehabs and is fighting fit for start of next season and he and his family continue his happy life in Embra.

The way I read it described was that Nel needed the same operation that Jason Leonard had and that it allowed Leonard to continue playing for several years.

Fingers crossed.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby djphilp on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:17 am

Click on the logo above for Edinburgh's official website.
djphilp
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum