Glenn Bryce

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Glenn Bryce

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Is in the 7s squad in Wellington this weekend.

Maybe a chance to build some confidence or is it likely to be a dent that he is so far from the ER squad at present?
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Glenn Bryce

Postby germain on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:45 pm

I don't know but I suspect the latter. :evil:
germain
World Cup Star

Postby David990 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:37 pm

He played well at Glasgow. What have you lot done to him :(
David990
International

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:20 pm

I've only just seen that on the Edinburgh site.

I think we are missing a trick with him - I'd like to see Dean at 12 and Bryce at 13
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:17 pm

Tichtheid wrote:I've only just seen that on the Edinburgh site.

I think we are missing a trick with him - I'd like to see Dean at 12 and Bryce at 13

Hope your right, but we are not missing anything whilst he has no confidence and continues to contribute so effectively to our error count. I think sending him to the 7's squad to resolve these issues will get us the player back that we all thought we had signed from Glasgow. I'm sure he will get there in time!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:17 pm

Mea culpa for my pessimism. Hopefully it will juts give him confidence to be the 13 we are waiting for, outside of Dean!
germain
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:22 pm

Wottie wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:I've only just seen that on the Edinburgh site.

Hope your right, but we are not missing anything whilst he has no confidence and continues to contribute so effectively to our error count. I think sending him to the 7's squad to resolve these issues will get us the player back that we all thought we had signed from Glasgow. I'm sure he will get there in time!

I hope so too.

I've just seen the tries from the game last Friday - Dean dropped a ball onto his foot, and not deliberately, but he got lucky and Allen ran in to touch the ball down for a score.

Dean needs to work on his distribution, it's definitely not impossible, Nonu went from being a limited (for an All Black centre) bulldozer to having some of the softest hands in the game.

Having Scholes in the squad as a back up full back makes a move forward from Bryce more viable, imo. I wasn't that impressed with Scholes early on, but that seems a long time ago now, the Ulster lads on another forum rated him highly
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:28 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
I hope so too.

I've just seen the tries from the game last Friday - Dean dropped a ball onto his foot, and not deliberately, but he got lucky and Allen ran in to touch the ball down for a score.

Dean needs to work on his distribution, it's definitely not impossible, Nonu went from being a limited (for an All Black centre) bulldozer to having some of the softest hands in the game.

Having Scholes in the squad as a back up full back makes a move forward from Bryce more viable, imo. I wasn't that impressed with Scholes early on, but that seems a long time ago now, the Ulster lads on another forum rated him highly

IIRC Dean only dropped the ball because he tried a Sonny Bill out the back offload which may be a bit beyond him, I thought - against Timisoara admittedly - he looked good on the crash ball and drew defenders in so 12 looks like an option for him but he does need to improve his passing. I'm not thinking Nonu but maybe Dunbar who's distribution is acceptable but not amazing. Scotland probably need a Dunbar type coming through so perhaps it can be Dean.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:48 pm

I cheered when I saw Murray McCallum's brilliant Sonny Bill against the Dragons :D
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum