Leinster v Edinburgh 17 Feb 17 (19:35) on BBC Alba

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Leinster v Edinburgh 17 Feb 17 (19:35) on BBC Alba

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:09 pm

15 - Bryce
14 - Hoyland
13 - Dean
12 – Burleigh
11 - Brown
10 - Weir
9 - SHC
8 - DuPreez
7 – Ritchie
6 - Bradbury
5 - Toolis
4 - Mckenenzie
3 - McCallum
2 - Cochrane
1 - Cosgrove

Subs

Turner, Appiah, Beavon, Gilchrist, Carmicheal, Fowles, Tovey, Kinghorn

Suddenly look a bit short of backrow cover assume Carmicheal will step in if required.

Again Strong team for the 6N period but have thought that the last two games.

Hoping for an 80min performance this week!
Last edited by The Feral Goat on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Leinster v Edinburgh 17 Feb 17 (19:35)

Postby doedin on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Forgot we were playing this week. Surprised Weir is playing - who would be back up 10 for Scotland if he got crocked? I presume that is the end of Scholes brief Embra career? Who knows which Embra team will turn up?
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:42 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Suddenly look a bit short of backrow cover assume Carmicheal will step in if required.

McKenzie to 6?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:50 pm

doedin wrote:Forgot we were playing this week. Surprised Weir is playing - who would be back up 10 for Scotland if he got crocked? I presume that is the end of Scholes brief Embra career? Who knows which Embra team will turn up?

Hogg would presumably be 10 if Weir got crocked for Edinburgh and Russell got injured in the next few weeks. I don't hate the idea though, Weir needs game time so he's sharp enough to play for Scotland and you can't live in your fears.

Big chance for Glenn Bryce tomorrow to get a regular spot in the team.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:50 pm

McKenzie to 6 is probably the plan, though I guess this means Mata/Fihaki are both out.

Glad Turner's getting another shot, he was impressive off the bench last weekend.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Reasonable team under the circumstances, but a very tough fixture for us. An LBP would be quite an achievement, given the strength in depth Leinster have. Shame that Mata isn't available, his ball carrying will be missed. Still no word on when our long term injured players will be back? Sutherland, Bresler, Manu and Dickinson would make quite a difference to our forwards.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Players unavailable due to injury: Michael Allen (concussion),  Alasdair Dickinson (foot), Viliami Fihaki (hand), Will Helu (hand), Viliame Mata (knee), Nasi Manu (shoulder), Stuart McInally (leg), WP Nel (neck), Alex Northam (Achilles), Rory Sutherland (groin), Kyle Whyte (knee)

Notice that Kennedy isn't on there, a bit of rotation, and K Bryce is off it.

Bresler's now had a few weeks of Prem rugby, interesting that he hasn't been brought back yet, but shouldn't be long before he's game fit.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:07 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:

There is that, but through all my time following Edinburgh, a narrow loss at home to Munster and a LBP away at Ulster have been decent enough results.

Surprised a little that Weir and CdP are playing (I thought Strauss and Hardie were injury doubts for Scotland), but I suppose that they need match time as well.

Actually, maybe Weir is more surprising as he doesn't need to play when we have Tovey, Kinghorn and Burleigh who can cover 10, but we seem to have a shortage of available back rows which explains CdP.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:08 pm

gowrie wrote:Players unavailable due to injury: Michael Allen (concussion),  Alasdair Dickinson (foot), Viliami Fihaki (hand), Will Helu (hand), Viliame Mata (knee), Nasi Manu (shoulder), Stuart McInally (leg), WP Nel (neck), Alex Northam (Achilles), Rory Sutherland (groin), Kyle Whyte (knee)

Notice that Kennedy isn't on there, a bit of rotation, and K Bryce is off it.

Bresler's now had a few weeks of Prem rugby, interesting that he hasn't been brought back yet, but shouldn't be long before he's game fit.

Kennedy could be the third scrum half with Scotland now that Greig is out and SHC is in terrible form.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:23 pm

robdinsdale wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:

There is that, but through all my time following Edinburgh, a narrow loss at home to Munster and a LBP away at Ulster have been decent enough results.

Surprised a little that Weir and CdP are playing (I thought Strauss and Hardie were injury doubts for Scotland), but I suppose that they need match time as well.

Actually, maybe Weir is more surprising as he doesn't need to play when we have Tovey, Kinghorn and Burleigh who can cover 10, but we seem to have a shortage of available back rows which explains CdP.

As there's no international this weekend, keeping your bench options match fit is a good thing IMO.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:45 pm

Them

Leinster: Z Kirchner, D Kearney, R O'Loughlin, N Reid, B Daly, J Carbery, L McGrath (capt); P Dooley, J Tracy, M Ross, R Molony, M McCarthy, D Ryan, J van der Flier, J Conan.

Replacements: B Byrne, A Porter, M Bent, M Kearney, D Leavy, J Gibson-Park, R Byrne, A Byrne.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Re: Leinster v Edinburgh 17 Feb 17 (19:35) on BBC Alba

Postby Oldsalt on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Rather have SHC! Yes he's not shown much this season and definitely has areas for improvement but I thought he improved things last week.
Winston Churchill said that going to sea was like going to prison but with a chance of drowning!
Oldsalt
World Cup Star

Postby Ayton1keith on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Oldsalt wrote:Rather have SHC! Yes he's not shown much this season and definitely has areas for improvement but I thought he improved things last week.

agree with Oldsalt, but really think that Hodge has to decide once and for all who is his starting 9 and start playing him consistently.
Ayton1keith
World Cup Star

Postby Debaser on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Ayton1keith wrote:
Oldsalt wrote:Rather have SHC! Yes he's not shown much this season and definitely has areas for improvement but I thought he improved things last week.

agree with Oldsalt, but really think that Hodge has to decide once and for all who is his starting 9 and start playing him consistently.

With all due respect Hodge has decided and has been playing Kennedy consistently. As others have suggested he may be rested possibly for Scottish duty. This is SHC's opportunity to shine.
Debaser
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Almost a shame Ally Miller's down at LS. Would have been a good opportunity for him off the bench.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum