Nel

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Nel

Postby Jockybadger on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Deserves a thread on its own.

Tremendous news for Edinburgh & Scotland.

Something like Manu, Watson/Hardie, Bradbury, Toolis, Bressler, Nel, McInally,Dickinson with Watson/Hardie, Gilchrist, McCallum/Berghan, Sutherland/Dell, Cochrane/Turner (although McInally is not as good as I thought he may be @ 2) makes the forwards look impressive.

The back division needs 3 or 4 quality additions
Jockybadger
World Cup Star

Re: Nel

Postby GaryIPA on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Hopefully Manu is moved on or get a visit from the fit fairy
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Jockybadger on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Fit fairy please returning him to Highlander captain form
Jockybadger
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:26 pm

I cant see Manu being here next season. Agree though a fit Manu would be a huge asset.

You missed out Ford too, playing some good stuff recently. No room for CDP?
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Jockybadger on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:31 pm

Dolf you are right serves me right blogging in between bedtime stories

Something like Manu, Watson/Hardie, Bradbury/Du Preez, Toolis, Bressler, Nel, Ford/McInally,Dickinson with Watson/Hardie, Gilchrist, McCallum/Berghan, Sutherland/Dell, Cochrane/Turner (although McInally is not as good as I thought he may be @ 2) makes the forwards look impressive.
Jockybadger
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:57 pm

I think McCallum and Berghan have done a superb job this year covering for him, better than I think most fans expected. But the difference Nel makes to Scotland was made painfully obvious over the last few months and it shows what a coup it is for a club where we are to keep him on.

I'm excited for next season, Nel is the cornerstone of what I think will be a pack that can take on the best of them next year. Hopefully we can keep Berghan too as Nel, Berghan and McCallum is great depth.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:I think McCallum and Berghan have done a superb job this year covering for him, better than I think most fans expected. But the difference Nel makes to Scotland was made painfully obvious over the last few months and it shows what a coup it is for a club where we are to keep him on.

I'm excited for next season, Nel is the cornerstone of what I think will be a pack that can take on the best of them next year. Hopefully we can keep Berghan too as Nel, Berghan and McCallum is great depth.

McCallum has to focus on becoming the clear second choice behind Nel next season, and I think he'll achieve that.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:27 pm

Aye, great news, I hope he gets fit soon, he seems to be the sort who benefits from playing as much as possible.

I'd add Mata to the list of players to look forward to next year, I think he has the potential to be something really special for Edinburgh.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum