The Myreside Trial

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: The Myreside Trial

Postby Weegie on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:49 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Work as in 4G pitch going in?

Credit to the ground staff I thought the grass pitch held up well in really horrible conditions for a lot of the trial, certainly was not the cause of some TonySpreadbury poor rugby

No, just 'renovations'. Sorry, thought it was more.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 am

Ok then, we're here for three years. We are where we are, let's see what we can make of it.

Was going to type a list of priorities, but frankly they've not changed since a few posts back.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:32 pm

biffer wrote:Ok then, we're here for three years. We are where we are, let's see what we can make of it.

Bang on.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Frenchy wrote:
biffer wrote:Ok then, we're here for three years. We are where we are, let's see what we can make of it.

Bang on.

Yep, it's a cliché but it is so for a reason, the top three priorities are, win, win and win.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm

A communication came out from the school. Some is pure Watsons but there were parts of interest to ER supporters as well as the the Watson's community

Edinburgh Rugby Partnership Announcement – Questions & Answers

How long is the partnership agreement for?
It is a three year deal, but there will be a review process after one year to ensure that everything is going to plan.

There were concerns regarding the look of Myreside with the temporary facilities - are there plans to resolve this?
Edinburgh Rugby will upgrade utility services and undertaking other improvements at the Grandstand and around the Pavilion over the summer months. These improvements will remove the need for generators, storage units, individual portaloos and some of the mobile catering units, which have been required previously. This investment will also reduce the movement of vehicles around match days, improving safety for all. The new gantry will be smaller (and less obtrusive) than the trial structure. Some of our old fencing will also be replaced to increase security on site.

Will planning permission be needed for this?
Edinburgh Rugby can operate under the current consent until December. The planning process for the longer-term partnership will now begin.

The Supporters Bar had an impact on the path to the bridge. Can this be moved?
Edinburgh Rugby is exploring the replacement of the marquee at the Pavilion with a semi permanent, wooden sided structure, that the School could make use of in its portfolio of venue hire facilities.
We are exploring alternative locations for this facility to remove the obstruction to the pathway.

What are the plans for Community Engagement - including the Watson’s Community?
Edinburgh Rugby is seeking to enhance the match day experience for families and the local Community.
We will be working with them over the coming year to further explore opportunities for Community engagement.

Will there be more or less disruption on match days?
The infrastructure investment that Edinburgh Rugby will make over the coming months will dramatically reduce the vehicles that require access prior to match day. However there will still be restrictions on car parking and access to the area after 4pm on match day. The trial was six matches in four months – this is likely to be nine matches over nine months in Year 1 so any disruption will be less frequent.

Will there be a new pitch?
Edinburgh Rugby has been working with our Grounds team to further improve the pitch and increase its resilience. At present, the agreement does not require the installation of a 4G artificial pitch, but this remains one of the School’s longer-term ambitions.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby gunneria on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:18 pm

Don't want to be a curmudgeon but that sounds like ER are footing all the bills. I thought it was meant to be some sort of partnership with Watsons upgrading their facilities. If there's any ambition then we won't be there after three years unless capacity can be extended greatly which I doubt would be possible.
Just worried the SRU are footing the bill for a private school upgrade. Or it could just be spin by Watson's to keep their punters happy.
gunneria
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 pm

gunneria wrote:Don't want to be a curmudgeon but that sounds like ER are footing all the bills. I thought it was meant to be some sort of partnership with Watsons upgrading their facilities. If there's any ambition then we won't be there after three years unless capacity can be extended greatly which I doubt would be possible.
Just worried the SRU are footing the bill for a private school upgrade. Or it could just be spin by Watson's to keep their punters happy.

That was aimed at Watson's parents so you'd expect a positive spin for Watson's.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:20 am

Weegie wrote:
gunneria wrote:Don't want to be a curmudgeon but that sounds like ER are footing all the bills. I thought it was meant to be some sort of partnership with Watsons upgrading their facilities. If there's any ambition then we won't be there after three years unless capacity can be extended greatly which I doubt would be possible.

That was aimed at Watson's parents so you'd expect a positive spin for Watson's.

Given the delay in announcing the season tickets, I would imagine that there's been some serious horse-trading been going on in the background. I expect that one or other party has found themselves in for more than they initially bargained for.
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:37 am

ER have signed a deal with Signature Pubs, owners of Queens Arms, Huxley, Kyloe among others to run the supporters bar at Myreside including providing food.

“The enhanced experience will also see the supporters’ marquee refurnished, with Signature Pubs offering food and drink from their establishments at the home of the capital club.”

Positive step look forward to seeing the improved facility, may get a decent beer selection as well.

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/17/0 ... ade-heaven
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:04 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:ER have signed a deal with Signature Pubs, owners of Queens Arms, Huxley, Kyloe among others to run the supporters bar at Myreside including providing food.

“The enhanced experience will also see the supporters’ marquee refurnished, with Signature Pubs offering food and drink from their establishments at the home of the capital club.”

Positive step look forward to seeing the improved facility, may get a decent beer selection as well.

http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/17/0 ... ade-heaven

That's promising. Hopefully some of their Edinburgh pubs will make the effort to show away games and as per the press release become unofficial clubhouses. The Black Bull in the Grassmarket could be the most likely. Although the Queens Arms is a great pub. A supporters bar being run by a company that runs pubs - who'd've thunk it.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Per ER tweet

The Huxley is showing the game tonight and doing a deal of Beer and a Burger for £10
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Fergei on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Hi folks. I'm looking to take in my first live Edinburgh match and had a few, hopefully not too idiotic questions if anyone could be so kind as to help me out. I'm sensing the outside chance of a sellout given the decent weather and the early season optimism, so don't want to leave it to buy tickets at the gate.

i) is there any on street parking within 10mins walk of the stadium that isn't permit only? Ideally anywhere to the north and anywhere to the southeast (evening parking confuses the hell out of me in places).
ii) if you select "best available" as your ticket option, what stand are they likely to place you in? (i.e. will they fill up opposite the main stand first?)
iii) I take it if I select "main stand" I'm likely to end up seated deep inside the 22 on either side given the reserved seating for season tickets?
iv) it's too short notice to get tickets delivered. Is there an option to pick them up at the stadium?

Cheers
Fergei
Embra Debut

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Can help a little with some of your questions hopefully

i) can't help with details but I am aware of folk parking relatively close by and most restrictions/meter parking ends at 1830 I think

ii) standing only opposite the main stand/unreserved seating behind the posts can sit where you please at either end or stand opposite Main stand

iii) Think main stand is all reserved seating so you should be able to select the seats online, I don't think the stand runs too deep into the 22s probably about 10m/15m short of each try line so will be in between, couple of pillars in the stand may obstruct view a little depending on where you sit.

iv) think you get the option to print them off, not sure about eticket or collection

Hope you enjoy the match
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:18 pm

Have an Email from ER with update

It's match week! We're excited to return to Myreside on Friday night for our first home game of the new Guinness PRO14 season against the Dragons (kick-off 7.35pm).

Following our six-week trial last season, we've been working hard to improve the facilities and the overall matchday experience at Myreside. Here are just a few things you can look forward to this weekend...

BRAND NEW FACILITIES
New and improved toilet facilities are located in the North-East corner and behind the South Stand - all properly plumbed and lit with running water. There’s also a brand-new toilet facility for our disabled spectators located next to the disabled area on the East side of the ground, and another is situated across the road next to the supporters’ bar.

THE HUXLEY CLUBHOUSE
The supporters’ bar will be hosted and operated in partnership with national pub group, Signature Pubs, who are using their expertise in running some of the city’s finest establishments to deliver a greater match night experience at Myreside. The enhanced experience will also see the supporters’ marquee refurnished, with Signature Pubs offering food and drink from their establishments at the home of the capital club.

THE QUICK TAP
Beat the match night queues and visit The Quick Tap, situated right behind the South Stand. Our state-of-the-art bar can pour a range of drinks on draught including Tennents Lager, Caledonia Best and Guinness.

THE BIG SCREEN
The big screen has moved! It’s now situated in the North-West corner, which is visible from all areas of the ground. Keep an eye out for our latest news and videos throughout the evening.

THE MACRON STORE
Our brand-new matchday Macron store, stationed next to the Actavo Stand and behind the big screen, means that supporters can get their hands on a fantastic 2017/18 range of merchandise before, during and after the match! Grab a new shirt, scarf or hoodie to show your support. Our players will be along helping at the store too, so drop by and say hello…

Book your tickets for Friday's game at the link below!

Join us in The Huxley Clubhouse

Our new look supporters bar will now feature delicious food from The Huxley, as well as entertainment pre and post-match!

Pre-match, children can sign up for Nerf wars at the supporters bar, while parents enjoy food and drink inside – this will run from 6.00pm – 7.00pm.

Players will join fans in the clubhouse at 6.30pm for the pre-match Q&A.

Post-match, there will be a Q&A from a player straight off the pitch, with further players joining throughout the evening. Make sure to come back after the game to get a selfie with your favourite Edinburgh player!

Park & Ride Service from BT Murrayfield
Getting to the game has never been easier. Park and Ride services from BT Murrayfield have resumed this season, and will run every 10 minutes between 6pm and 7pm.

The Park & Ride service will cost supporters just £5 per car, and those wishing to walk to BT Murrayfield and use the Walk & Ride service will pay only £3 per passenger - cheaper than a return ticket on public transport. Under-18s will also travel free of charge on the Walk & Ride service!

Please note that the deadline for booking is Friday at 9am and there will be no cash sales available on the night. Book your travel for Friday's game now at edinburghrugby.org.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Fergei on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:57 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Can help a little with some of your questions hopefully

i) can't help with details but I am aware of folk parking relatively close by and most restrictions/meter parking ends at 1830 I think

ii) standing only opposite the main stand/unreserved seating behind the posts can sit where you please at either end or stand opposite Main stand

iii) Think main stand is all reserved seating so you should be able to select the seats online, I don't think the stand runs too deep into the 22s probably about 10m/15m short of each try line so will be in between, couple of pillars in the stand may obstruct view a little depending on where you sit.

iv) think you get the option to print them off, not sure about eticket or collection

Hope you enjoy the match

Much obliged, Feral Goat. :)
Fergei
Embra Debut

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum