The Myreside Trial

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: The Myreside Trial

Postby Weegie on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:47 pm

Frenchy wrote:
Weegie wrote:
Frenchy wrote:I've raised it a few times, yeah.

What has the response been?

Non-existent.

So to be clear, you have asked Edinburgh Rugby several times if bike racks will be provided, and they've not even answered your emails. Poor show.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:50 am

Weegie wrote:So to be clear, you have asked Edinburgh Rugby several times if bike racks will be provided, and they've not even answered your emails. Poor show.

Yeah - I emailed in the summer after bike racks were installed at Scotstoun, saying 'Can we have some too, please?', and did not receive a response.

I also suggested adding bike racks when commenting on the original planning application and when they did a travel survey at the ground before one of the games. To be fair, I wouldn't expect to receive a response to these, so they've only directly ignored me once.

I'll try tweeting them or something later.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:07 am

Frenchy wrote:
Weegie wrote:So to be clear, you have asked Edinburgh Rugby several times if bike racks will be provided, and they've not even answered your emails. Poor show.

Yeah - I emailed in the summer after bike racks were installed at Scotstoun, saying 'Can we have some too, please?', and did not receive a response.

I also suggested adding bike racks when commenting on the original planning application and when they did a travel survey at the ground before one of the games. To be fair, I wouldn't expect to receive a response to these, so they've only directly ignored me once.

I'll try tweeting them or something later.

Best thing to do is actually buttonhole Johnnie Petrie before or after a game.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Can’t say I heard many folk missing Myreside last night. Might have just been where I was.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:35 pm

GaryIPA wrote:Can’t say I heard many folk missing Myreside last night. Might have just been where I was.

I would've been a lot warmer standing up and moving around than sitting down. And no haggis fries.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:36 pm

We unfortunately didn’t read the entire email regarding the venue change and were expecting to be standing pitch side, ended up very chilled, we too think that standing and shuffling about-or jumping about celebrating scores- would have been warmer, possibly a better atmosphere might also have ensued?
Pitfitter

Postby GaryIPA on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Fair point
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:17 pm

My mate has just moved to a flat round the corner from Myreside as well, so he was a bit hacked off when the first game since he moved was changed to Murrayfield
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm

Pitfitter wrote:We unfortunately didn’t read the entire email regarding the venue change and were expecting to be standing pitch side, ended up very chilled, we too think that standing and shuffling about-or jumping about celebrating scores- would have been warmer, possibly a better atmosphere might also have ensued?

The West stand is always less cold, whether Murrayfield or Myreside because of the prevailing wind. Tends to be in your face in the East stand.
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Back to Biffer's mate's after home games, then :absolute:
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby gunneria on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:03 pm

Just noticed, while getting tickets for England U20 game, that the Munster game is scheduled for Murrayfield. So we'll have one game back at Myreside, Leinster, before shuttling back to Murrayfield. Seems a bit strange if we're trying to build an atmosphere at Myreside( I realise there might have been a restriction on number of games at Myreside but would've thought that will no longer be relevant given the cancelled games). It would just be nice to see the place full!
gunneria
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:08 pm

gunneria wrote:Just noticed, while getting tickets for England U20 game, that the Munster game is scheduled for Murrayfield. So we'll have one game back at Myreside, Leinster, before shuttling back to Murrayfield. Seems a bit strange if we're trying to build an atmosphere at Myreside( I realise there might have been a restriction on number of games at Myreside but would've thought that will no longer be relevant given the cancelled games). It would just be nice to see the place full!

The Munster one is purely with an eye to ticket sales i believe
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:33 am

Mini Murrayfield on the agenda again?

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/more-in- ... -1-4684730
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:14 am

“A spokesman for Edinburgh Rugby declined to comment at this stage, but indicated more details would be revealed soon. No figures have been revealed, but it is understood the stadium could cost in excess of £10 million.”

Interesting that Edinburgh Rugby indicated more details would be revealed soon, suggests perhaps more to it on this occasion.

However still a £10m elephant in the room, unless land is being sold off to develop for other use, got to better uses for the SRU cash at this stage?
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby gunneria on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 am

7ooo seems a bit small and unambitious (especialy in light of European ground restrictions). Not sure the reason for that number. It could be costs are too high or not wanting to give our second-city cousins something more to whinge about.
gunneria
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum