The Myreside Trial

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: The Myreside Trial

Postby Bob on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Pretty impressed with the effort ER are making this season so far between the changes to Myreside and the hook up with Hearts. Won't be able to make the game tomorrow but will aim to get up to a few games before Christmas.

The team seem to have upped their game too, promising start to the season
Bob
One cap wonder

Postby stef.s on Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:45 pm

Impressed with the new loos and the pint bars.

The Huxley supporters bar was great after the game and wonderful to see so many Edinburgh players and staff in enjoying themselves.

Great work to develop this
stef.s
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:40 am

Not been the biggest fan of the Myreside project but have to agree with Stef.s. that was a lot better last night and the Huxley Supporters Bar / Clubhouse is now very much fit for purpose. Doesn't feel like you are in a tent anymore with a proper floor and furniture to break up the space. Happy to spend time there before and after he game now. Add a decent IPA on tap and I'd be a very happy boy.

New screen and it's location worked well.

Bit disappointed with the turnout given it was a lovely evening and the club looks like they have dropped the ticket price (think it used to be £25 didn't it?). Guess a lot of people stood in the open and pitch side but the end stands were basically empty. Onus on the team to continue to play attractive winning rugby, and then all of us to get people to come along and grow the attending fan base. 6 tries in 2 games with all of them scored by the backs is a little bit off expectations given recent history so a great start and something to work off.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Are there bike racks yet?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:57 pm

Frenchy wrote:Are there bike racks yet?

Didn't see any but the railings seemed to work well?
Pitfitter

Postby Frenchy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:49 am

Pitfitter wrote:
Frenchy wrote:Are there bike racks yet?

Didn't see any but the railings seemed to work well?

Which railings? Inside or outside the ground?

At the first Myreside game I was told I couldn't bring my bike into the car park area. The railings on the street aren't great either, as you have to either lift your bike up and sit it on the wall, or use a cable lock to reach the railing.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:22 am

There loads of bike attached to the railings outside the ground, didn't pay so much attention as to how they were locked on and whether or not they were on the pavement or the wall.
Pitfitter

Postby biffer on Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:33 pm

I'd be astonished if there aren't bike racks at the school or the clubhouse. Has the club answered that question at all? In fact I've never seen it mentioned so has anyone asked them?
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:19 pm

biffer wrote:I'd be astonished if there aren't bike racks at the school or the clubhouse. Has the club answered that question at all? In fact I've never seen it mentioned so has anyone asked them?

I haven't found them, and they aren't marked on the maps of bike parking the club linked to when the Myreside move was announced. There are plenty at the hospital, but there really should be some bike racks at Myreside too.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:03 pm

Frenchy wrote:
biffer wrote:I'd be astonished if there aren't bike racks at the school or the clubhouse. Has the club answered that question at all? In fact I've never seen it mentioned so has anyone asked them?

I haven't found them, and they aren't marked on the maps of bike parking the club linked to when the Myreside move was announced. There are plenty at the hospital, but there really should be some bike racks at Myreside too.

Have you asked the question? Remember Myreside is owned by the school. There are many bike racks in the school itself, so whilst there should be awareness of the needs of cyclists for Edinburgh matches, it may be simply an oversight due to bike racks being available elsewhere on the campus and people dealing with it by ad hoc use of railings etc meaning that the specific need for Edinburgh supporters has not been recognised.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:10 pm

I've raised it a few times, yeah.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:23 am

Frenchy wrote:I've raised it a few times, yeah.

What has the response been?
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby stef.s on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:06 pm

Wottie wrote:Not been the biggest fan of the Myreside project but have to agree with Stef.s. that was a lot better last night and the Huxley Supporters Bar / Clubhouse is now very much fit for purpose. Doesn't feel like you are in a tent anymore with a proper floor and furniture to break up the space. Happy to spend time there before and after he game now. Add a decent IPA on tap and I'd be a very happy boy.

New screen and it's location worked well.

I think one thing which needs work on is the ability to take drinks between The Huxley and the pitch and vice-versa. I understand that they can't be taken out over the street for licensing reasons but surely they could be carried over the bridge? Apologies if I've missed something
stef.s
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Weegie wrote:
Frenchy wrote:I've raised it a few times, yeah.

What has the response been?

Non-existent.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:23 pm

We felt the screen needed turned slightly to the open side of the terracing-although this probably be at a deficit to the seated side- and maybe having two clocks so both sides/ends of the stadium can see them?
Pitfitter

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum