Kinghorn off with 7s

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Kinghorn off with 7s

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:08 am

joe soap wrote:
Wottie wrote: Anyone else think that having derby days on the last game of the season is a completely nuts idea?

certainly turned out that way this season.

1872 wasn't broke, quite the opposite with back to back festive games, don't understand why we agreed to change it

One of the many decisions made that has happened without any explanation. If we were told why there was the change, supposedly at request of clubs / SRU, then we may not agree but at least we'd understand. Treated like mushrooms far too often
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:28 pm

I heard it was because the Irish and Welsh wanted derby games at Christmas / new year and at the end of the season for commercial reasons. And as a flow on from that, they refused to give Glasgow two games against Italian sides at the end of the season because it would give them an easy run in at that crucial point. So we had to move the 1872, ruin the one commercial success of Scottish pro rugby and give Glasgow a last game which is sooooooooooooo much more difficult than playing Treviso away.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Pretty much that I think.

Also the logic of teams having something to play for rather then clocking off at the end of the season.

Cant say i am looking forward to the 1872, Glasgow either will be on a mission or it will be last day at school stuff. Either way possibly wont be much of a game.

Having them together meant it felt like a proper 2 leg affair, also a bit of a trial pre 6n.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby gunneria on Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:21 pm

It also means that the Irish and Welsh get to play the Italians during the international periods.
gunneria
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:11 pm

It also means Derby games could potentially be thrown on the instruction of the unions to maximise their country's representation in the playoffs. I think this is a completely mad idea.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:16 pm

What a disgusting thing to suggest*

*probably right.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:11 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Pretty much that I think.

Also the logic of teams having something to play for rather then clocking off at the end of the season.

Cant say i am looking forward to the 1872, Glasgow either will be on a mission or it will be last day at school stuff. Either way possibly wont be much of a game.

Having them together meant it felt like a proper 2 leg affair, also a bit of a trial pre 6n.

I'm not going for the first time in a few years. Not going to throw thirty quid away to watch us get another Dicking
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:22 pm

biffer wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:Pretty much that I think.

I'm not going for the first time in a few years. Not going to throw thirty quid away to watch us get another Dicking

Ditto, none of the 4 ST holders in our group have the stomach for this this season!
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:22 am

Lost all three pool games. Watched the game vs Russia and Graham had one good run but he got exposed for on of their tries and Kinghorn's sweeping was poor.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum