Treviso v Edinburgh Saturday 15th 20:05

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Treviso v Edinburgh Saturday 15th 20:05

Postby Wottie on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 am

Pitfitter wrote:Any links to tv coverage?

According to the Pro12 website, the game appears to now have been taken by Eurosport, but I cannot see it scheduled on the various Eurosport channels on the Sky TV guide. May be one of the channels exclusive to the local jurisdiction and therefore requiring "more creative" viewing research.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:30 pm

15. Glenn Bryce
14. Damien Hoyland
13. Chris Dean
12. Phil Burleigh
11. Rory Scholes

10. Jason Tovey
9. Nathan Fowles

1. Murray McCallum
2. Ross Ford CAPTAIN
3. Simon Berghan
4. Fraser McKenzie
5. Ben Toolis
6. Viliame Mata
7. Hamish Watson
8. Viliami Fihaki

Replacements

16. Stuart McInally
17. Derrick Appiah
18. Kevin Bryce
19. Grant Gilchrist
20. Cornell du Preez
21. Sam Hidalgo-Clyne
22. Duncan Weir
23. Junior Rasolea

Players unavailable due to injury: Magnus Bradbury (knee), Jack Cosgrove (ankle), Alasdair Dickinson (foot), John Hardie (knee), Nasi Manu (shoulder), WP Nel (neck), Rory Sutherland (groin)
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:50 pm

Anyone know what the story with Bresler is ? He's doesn't seem to be on the injury list, but isn't in the squad either.
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Du Preez not starting at 8 is a bit of mystery to me, unless he is not 100%?
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Given how little Bresler has played since he's been fit, I have to assume that Hodge doesn't fancy him as a player. Which would suggest Hodge is an idiot.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Surely he would take the lead from his forwards coach?

In which case they are both idiots!
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:33 pm

biffer wrote:Given how little Bresler has played since he's been fit, I have to assume that Hodge doesn't fancy him as a player. Which would suggest Hodge is an idiot.

No way hodge is an idi...........oh
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:40 pm

Real shame Bresler looks to be leaving - I understand the older players haven't got it done and will be phased out logic but he did get it done. Really can't understand McKenzie starting over him and Gilchrist - well I can because the coaches are clueless but still.

Looks a very weak team to be honest.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Given the low levels of confidence I can see us getting beat ... and beaten quite easily!
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:04 pm

doedin wrote:Given the low levels of confidence I can see us getting beat ... and beaten quite easily!

Eeverything is possible, except that we win it easily!
germain
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:49 pm

Friday Knight Lights wrote:Real shame Bresler looks to be leaving - I understand the older players haven't got it done and will be phased out logic but he did get it done. Really can't understand McKenzie starting over him and Gilchrist - well I can because the coaches are clueless but still.

Do you know he's leaving or is that based on the fact he has been frozen out? I really really hope he's staying

As for the team, what a crock of SteveWalsh. Fowles, Tovey, Burleigh - the stuff of nightmares.
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:34 am

macdone wrote:As for the team, what a crock of SteveWalsh. Fowles, Tovey, Burleigh - the stuff of nightmares.

The questioning of Bresler's non-inclusion is entirely justified, but criticising the re-instatement of Tovey is not. Did you see Weir's performance last week? He was beyond awful, and went a long way to costing us the game. Selecting him ahead of Tovey this week would have been a sign of insanity. Fowles played well enough, and deserves his chance again, and I can't see many better options at 12 than Burleigh. These are some of Hodge's less controversial selections, imo.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:01 am

macdone wrote:
Friday Knight Lights wrote:Real shame Bresler looks to be leaving - I understand the older players haven't got it done and will be phased out logic but he did get it done. Really can't understand McKenzie starting over him and Gilchrist - well I can because the coaches are clueless but still.

Do you know he's leaving or is that based on the fact he has been frozen out? I really really hope he's staying

As for the team, what a crock of SteveWalsh. Fowles, Tovey, Burleigh - the stuff of nightmares.

Nah it's just a guessed based on him being fit but not featuring - can't see the logic in playing McKenzie over Bresler if he's staying next year.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Cammo Gunner on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:09 am

Maybe it's called player management

Season is a bust & Bresler may be physically fit, but may not be match fit @ recently back from injury - Why risk him at this stage

If we were still in Challenge Cup or playing for top 4 spot - No arguement - Now is the time to play GG, 2nd/3rds & EDPs for experience
Cammo Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Cammo Gunner wrote:Maybe it's called player management

Season is a bust & Bresler may be physically fit, but may not be match fit @ recently back from injury - Why risk him at this stage

If we were still in Challenge Cup or playing for top 4 spot - No arguement - Now is the time to play GG, 2nd/3rds & EDPs for experience

You may be right about Bresler, but if now is the time for giving fringe players game time, we're no doing a very good job of it with our squad for this game! Assuming they are fit, for example, why not give folk like George Turner, Nick Beavon and Sasa Tofilau a run out (even if only from the bench)?
Rico
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum