Dragons - 28/4/17

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Dragons - 28/4/17

Postby Frenchy on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:05 pm

Team announced. Turner starts! Hardie and Dell return too.

Bryce
Hoyland
Dean
Rasolea
Scholes
Tovey
Fowles

Dell
Turner
Berghan
Gilchrist
Toolis
Mata
Watson
du Preez

Ford
McCallum
Bryce
McKenzie
Hardie
SHC
Weir
Kinghorn
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Re: Dragons - 28/4/17

Postby GuitarHero on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Frenchy wrote:Team announced. Turner starts! Hardie and Dell return too.

Bryce
Hoyland
Dean
Rasolea
Scholes
Tovey
Fowles

Dell
Turner
Berghan
Gilchrist
Toolis
Mata
Watson
du Preez

Ford
McCallum
Bryce
McKenzie
Hardie
SHC
Weir
Kinghorn

I have a feeling of cautious optimism after seeing this selection. Not sure why, it's not like we've been picking bad teams recently! Hopefully Watson will still be on form!
GuitarHero
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:55 pm

We should play Dean at 12 as much as possible! When Burleigh is not in, Dean should be our starter at 12. I'm sure Rasolea can play 13.

We'll see against Dragons if we are still, as Cockerill said, just slightly better than Italians and Dragons... :(
Any bet?
germain
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Edinburgh by 20, based on, well not a lot really!

Good bench though, on paper if not on form...
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:37 pm

Quite like that squad Turner and Dell are both pretty mobile and condition should be good for trying to play running rugby.

Injury list below so a few omissions that are not on the injured list McInally, Bresler, Burleigh, Brown

Players unavailable due to injury: Magnus Bradbury (knee), Jack Cosgrove (ankle), Alasdair Dickinson (foot), Sean Kennedy (hand), Nasi Manu (shoulder), WP Nel (neck), Alex Northam (Achilles), Rory Sutherland (groin)

Wonder if we will get confirmation of those that are leaving the club before the match or if they will just leave quietly, still a few not confirmed staying or going in particular Hardie, Bresler, Kennedy, Berghan who I don't think we have see any news on.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:01 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Quite like that squad Turner and Dell are both pretty mobile and condition should be good for trying to play running rugby.

Injury list below so a few omissions that are not on the injured list McInally, Bresler, Burleigh, Brown

Players unavailable due to injury: Magnus Bradbury (knee), Jack Cosgrove (ankle), Alasdair Dickinson (foot), Sean Kennedy (hand), Nasi Manu (shoulder), WP Nel (neck), Alex Northam (Achilles), Rory Sutherland (groin)

Wonder if we will get confirmation of those that are leaving the club before the match or if they will just leave quietly, still a few not confirmed staying or going in particular Hardie, Bresler, Kennedy, Berghan who I don't think we have see any news on.

Hardie's contract started in late October 2015, I'm probably being pedantic, but does two years mean two years in his case?

It would be odd to not have it all sorted before the end of this season, though.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby hp18 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:50 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:Quite like that squad Turner and Dell are both pretty mobile and condition should be good for trying to play running rugby.

Hardie's contract started in late October 2015, I'm probably being pedantic, but does two years mean two years in his case?

It would be odd to not have it all sorted before the end of this season, though.

Are you wondering if he might be contracted to October this year? No, not a chance.
hp18
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:56 pm

Frenchy wrote: Turner starts!

I'm taking credit for this since I suggested it on the other thread ..... unless he has a jamesmatthew game, that is, in which case it was nothing to do with me, Hodge out, booooo etc etc :wink:
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:19 pm

hp18 wrote:Are you wondering if he might be contracted to October this year? No, not a chance.

That sounds as definite as can be, do you know this for certain?

It would be unlikely right enough, but all the news outlets from the time state that his contract was for two years, not a year and a half.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 pm

Hopefully we're keeping Hardie as it's harsh to let him leave without the fans attending his final home game for the club to not know and therefore unable to give him a send off.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Hardie leaving is a done deal from what I have heard, although I also heard Nel was a done deal last year, so things change.

Cockers may be enough to change things that way, but can we afford 2 top quality 7s? although Hardie at 6 would not be a shock. He is too good , and different enough from Watson to play both, a better mix than Tipuruc and Warburton, that's another argument though.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:02 am

This explains why Turner was picked. You don't seriously think one of our coaches would do that? Also dropping Burleigh...

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-uni ... -1-4431429
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby hp18 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:24 am

Tichtheid wrote:
hp18 wrote:Are you wondering if he might be contracted to October this year? No, not a chance.

That sounds as definite as can be, do you know this for certain?

It would be unlikely right enough, but all the news outlets from the time state that his contract was for two years, not a year and a half.

Because it would be bloody stupid on the part of any player or agent to agree such a deal.

I doubt most could tell the difference between two seasons and two years.
hp18
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:16 am

macdone wrote:This explains why Turner was picked. You don't seriously think one of our coaches would do that? Also dropping Burleigh...

It sounds more like he just wants to see the likes ofTurner play, possibly before deciding what we need. Rasolea similar I would imagine. I really hope he hasn't had more say than that as picking a team without seeing then train is not a good thing.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:48 am

dolf_lundgren wrote:
macdone wrote:This explains why Turner was picked. You don't seriously think one of our coaches would do that? Also dropping Burleigh...

It sounds more like he just wants to see the likes ofTurner play, possibly before deciding what we need. Rasolea similar I would imagine. I really hope he hasn't had more say than that as picking a team without seeing then train is not a good thing.

To be honest I wouldn't think RC is having much more say than "I haven't really seen much of Turner play, is he decent?" With Hodge saying "he's been unlucky not to get more gametime, I'll maybe give him a run".

Coaching Toulon will still be taking most of RC's time.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum