Jamie Farndale

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Jamie Farndale

Postby Jockybadger on Sun May 14, 2017 12:55 pm

As an exile & ever more in-frequent Edinburgh watcher, can I have reasons why Farndale is not in the Edinburgh team, I've always thought it was strange & watching the 7s earlier reawakened that thought.

Cheers
Jockybadger
World Cup Star

Re: Jamie Farndale

Postby gowrie on Sun May 14, 2017 1:44 pm

He's spent a long time injured and being with the 7s has been great for him, he's improved to the point he's demanding inclusion next season, and hopefully in MacRae he's got a fan on the coaching team.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby hp18 on Sun May 14, 2017 2:10 pm

Jockybadger wrote:As an exile & ever more in-frequent Edinburgh watcher, can I have reasons why Farndale is not in the Edinburgh team, I've always thought it was strange & watching the 7s earlier reawakened that thought.

Cheers

Broke his leg badly while in fine form. Never really recovered his confidence for a long time. Good to see where he is now.
hp18
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sun May 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Didn't he break his ;leg again after recovery from nearly a year out the first time?
But been attached to the 7's now for ages so needs to get a chance again soon if he's ever to make it in 15's surely.
Looks like he damaged his hand in the semis so suspect he'll miss the final?
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun May 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Amazing that he is still only 23!

Seems to have been the coming man for years. Worth a punt I would think. With Allan and Helu going there is space. Is Scholes going too? Is so then he is definatley worth a punt.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun May 14, 2017 4:52 pm

liveinhope wrote:Didn't he break his ;leg again after recovery from nearly a year out the first time?
But been attached to the 7's now for ages so needs to get a chance again soon if he's ever to make it in 15's surely.
Looks like he damaged his hand in the semis so suspect he'll miss the final?

Did he not do an ACL at some point? Thought it was a leg break and an ACL.

Deserves a chance in union, is he still the JWRC record try scorer?
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Jockybadger on Sun May 21, 2017 12:38 pm

2 tries for Farndale to complete a remarkable 7s win over NZ.
Jockybadger
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun May 21, 2017 1:00 pm

Jockybadger wrote:2 tries for Farndale to complete a remarkable 7s win over NZ.

Suspect given the success the 7's side have had over past two seasons and with Robertson and Wight retiring and McRae joining ER after the London 7's, even if there is a move to 15's on the cards for him, they will want to restrict the loss of 7's key players for next year.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun May 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Wottie wrote:
Jockybadger wrote:2 tries for Farndale to complete a remarkable 7s win over NZ.

Suspect given the success the 7's side have had over past two seasons and with Robertson and Wight retiring and McRae joining ER after the London 7's, even if there is a move to 15's on the cards for him, they will want to restrict the loss of 7's key players for next year.

I wonder, they did nearly junk the 7s recently. The SRU will want the 15s to be competitive more than they want the 7s to be.

I don't think Farndale will sign for Glasgow or Edinburgh, but I really hope he does even if he doesn't make it they just release him to the 7s. It irks me we're sticking with Scholes and Glasgow sign Masaga rather than give Farndale a chance. I wouldn't mind someone like Newcastle taking a flyer on him just to get him in 15s and see what he can do.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum