Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:04 pm

bignose wrote:
biffer wrote:Glasgow have sold 4500 season tickets. A quick nosey on the ticket site suggests we haven't even sold 450.

Their season tickets have been on sale for more than 10 times as long as ours

Oh, yeah. That'll be it right enough.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:19 pm

What's this comparison supposed to show? If Glasgow had played p*sh rugby for the last 10 years I doubt their ST sales would be better than ours, and if we'd been as successful as them over the same period we'd be selling as many as them. That's all there is to it.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:02 pm

Aye but Glasgow have trams to the stadium door, a comfy seat next to your best buddie all in the peace and quiet of the best stadium with best facilities in the league...if we had similar in Edinburgh we would easily sell 60000 season tickets it is all about comfort not watching decent rugby.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Crichton Gunner wrote:What's this comparison supposed to show? If Glasgow had played p*sh rugby for the last 10 years I doubt their ST sales would be better than ours, and if we'd been as successful as them over the same period we'd be selling as many as them. That's all there is to it.

Glasgow sell that many tickets in a mediocre stadium that has a SteveWalsh bar and poor public transport. It's playing good rugby and winning that sells tickets.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:01 am

biffer wrote:
Crichton Gunner wrote:What's this comparison supposed to show? If Glasgow had played p*sh rugby for the last 10 years I doubt their ST sales would be better than ours, and if we'd been as successful as them over the same period we'd be selling as many as them. That's all there is to it.

Glasgow sell that many tickets in a mediocre stadium that has a SteveWalsh bar and poor public transport. It's playing good rugby and winning that sells tickets.

Err...... I think I that was my point.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:48 am

Crichton Gunner wrote:
biffer wrote:

Err...... I think I that was my point.

Yeah, I know. We're backing each other up here.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:23 pm

With them selling out Scotstoun regularly do you think if Glasgow had a 60,000 purpose built rugby stadium down the road they'd move or do a Leinster type deal?

Interesting question I think.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:11 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:With them selling out Scotstoun regularly do you think if Glasgow had a 60,000 purpose built rugby stadium down the road they'd move or do a Leinster type deal?

Interesting question I think.

They'd do something similar to what we are doing this year IMO. 9-10k or whatever it is to 60k is a massive jump.

If it was a 20-30k stadium then I think they'd move.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:34 am

Any indication on how sales are going? I know of a few folk awaiting a decision on park and ride, and some who have contacted ER and not even had an acknowledgement of a reply on this.
I'd pay for my park and ride transport to help, either that a supporters bus may need to be organised from this side of the river, Mmm, now there's an idea.
Pitfitter

Postby Pitfitter on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Just checked my mail and ER have confirmed park and ride will continue, more than happy to pay for the privilege, renewing our tickets tonight and now looking forward to the season.
Pitfitter

Postby New Gunner on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:39 pm

Pitfitter wrote:Just checked my mail and ER have confirmed park and ride will continue, more than happy to pay for the privilege, renewing our tickets tonight and now looking forward to the season.

I appreciate it might not be what the local residents' committee might want to hear, but I park within 5 minutes' max walk from the stadium, sometimes as close as 5 mins to KO, with no problem whatsoever. If I was travelling from Fife I certainly wouldn't waste time or money with the park and ride.

Hopefully (in one sense) parking becomes more problematic when we're bursting at the seams with bigger temp stands etc, but for now parking is very easy.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Now you tell me :D a little local knowledge is a great thing, if you want to share, feel free. Now for the match schedule and negotiations for swopping late finishes.
Pitfitter

Postby artie fufkin on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:47 pm

Never had a problem parking around Myerside. Usuall 5 mins walk away which compares favourably with Murrayfield. The club is fine with laying on Park and ride for those that are looking for room service however
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum