Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Season Tickets

Postby biffer on Thu May 25, 2017 4:49 pm

I know we need to know where we're playing next year before we get details, but I'd like to know sooner rather than later what I have to budget for. Glasgow fans got emails about their direct debits this week, and the sale is on for their tickets already. First payment was first week of August last year iirc.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: Season Tickets

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri May 26, 2017 8:50 am

Yeah would like to know both as well, or at the very least a brief note on when we can expect the ST info. if it is going to be mid June, early July etc.

Appreciate Myreside is a bit of a sensitive issue for some and the communication needs to be right so happy to give them a bit more time but think a holding email would be appropriate.

For me I am expecting to be playing at a marginally improved Myreside and maybe an extra £20-£30 on a Silver Season ticket. The price freeze can’t go on forever although I have thought the same about SteveWalsh league campaigns so you never know.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri May 26, 2017 9:41 am

They are delaying the announcement till Beauden and Jordie Barrett sign so they can shift a few more STs
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Fri May 26, 2017 9:48 am

Tichtheid wrote:They are delaying the announcement till Beauden and Jordie Barrett sign so they can shift a few more STs

More NSQ journeymen! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri May 26, 2017 10:54 am

Wottie wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:They are delaying the announcement till Beauden and Jordie Barrett sign so they can shift a few more STs

More NSQ journeymen! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Squad filler for the 6N and November internationals
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby GunnerRob on Fri May 26, 2017 1:14 pm

If we stay/move to Myreside are we all still happy to pay £180 for a space on the terrace? Or might we have a Bronze ticket for standing only?
GunnerRob
International

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri May 26, 2017 1:38 pm

GunnerRob wrote:If we stay/move to Myreside are we all still happy to pay £180 for a space on the terrace? Or might we have a Bronze ticket for standing only?

I think that is a possibility for the future, if we get to the point where we are selling max possibly STs but I cant see it happening this season or any season ticket being cheaper than they are at present. Think our STs are pretty good value despite the pish on the pitch.

I think ER could look at doing smaller ticket bundle deals at less of a discount than the ST eg a pass for any 6 matches that perhaps excludes the Glasgow and European matches or similar. Possible less value in it at Myreside with the reduced capacity but when at Murrayfield it may have brought in a few more people to some games.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri May 26, 2017 1:52 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
GunnerRob wrote:If we stay/move to Myreside are we all still happy to pay £180 for a space on the terrace? Or might we have a Bronze ticket for standing only?

I think that is a possibility for the future, if we get to the point where we are selling max possibly STs but I cant see it happening this season or any season ticket being cheaper than they are at present. Think our STs are pretty good value despite the pish on the pitch.

I think ER could look at doing smaller ticket bundle deals at less of a discount than the ST eg a pass for any 6 matches that perhaps excludes the Glasgow and European matches or similar. Possible less value in it at Myreside with the reduced capacity but when at Murrayfield it may have brought in a few more people to some games.

That would be completely unworkable. Say Ulster are in town. Big travelling support. How many tickets can we sell? 5000 capacity minus the season tickets. Hang on a minute, there are 400 six game pass holders out there. Are they coming? So we reduce our capacity for any single game by 400, without getting any money at all.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Fri May 26, 2017 2:32 pm

biffer wrote:That would be completely unworkable. Say Ulster are in town. Big travelling support. How many tickets can we sell? 5000 capacity minus the season tickets. Hang on a minute, there are 400 six game pass holders out there. Are they coming? So we reduce our capacity for any single game by 400, without getting any money at all.

Good point, but the idea isn't completely unworkable. Excluding the Ulster match would probably just about fix it. Or you don't guarantee the six game pass holders entry - if the game sells out, tough, you'll just have to get there a bit earlier next time. At this point, it's probably more hassle than it's worth, though.

They used to do a combination "European ticket" which got you into all home challenge cup games and (normally) the Pro12 game against Treviso. I can't remember if this happened this last season, but I hope it is done again.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri May 26, 2017 2:45 pm

Frenchy wrote:
biffer wrote:That would be completely unworkable. Say Ulster are in town. Big travelling support. How many tickets can we sell? 5000 capacity minus the season tickets. Hang on a minute, there are 400 six game pass holders out there. Are they coming? So we reduce our capacity for any single game by 400, without getting any money at all.

Good point, but the idea isn't completely unworkable. Excluding the Ulster match would probably just about fix it. Or you don't guarantee the six game pass holders entry - if the game sells out, tough, you'll just have to get there a bit earlier next time. At this point, it's probably more hassle than it's worth, though.

They used to do a combination "European ticket" which got you into all home challenge cup games and (normally) the Pro12 game against Treviso. I can't remember if this happened this last season, but I hope it is done again.

Same applies to Munster, possibly Leinster depending on timing. That excludes four home games out of eleven so you're selling a package with a 6 out of 7 offer.

I don't really have a problem with the euro ticket, as it's named games so you know what you're selling, but if we start to get close to capacity I wouldn't offer it - if people want a guaranteed ticket, they buy a season pass, simple as that.

There's also a point that it defeats the one of the commercial benefits of moving somewhere smaller - increase demand so that people buy earlier, which has a knock on and then increases season ticket sales. That's why Glasgow tickets sell out quickly and are in demand, because of success on the pitch and limited supply. Success on the pitch would have the same effect in Edinburgh, although I think the final capacity for tickets over here, on a similar level of success, is higher than in Glasgow. It's fundamentally about what happens on the pitch, everything else is just window dressing.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri May 26, 2017 3:40 pm

I did say it would have been a better idea for Murrayfield than Myreside. Even still I think we may be a bit away from capacity issues at Myreside except for the odd game. Besides It is not that unworkable you just give the group of 6 match pass holders a day or two in advance of tickets going on general sale to say if they wish to attend that weeks match or not, we are not likely to be talking huge numbers.

Given attendance this season, I suspect we will only sell 1000-1500 STs, if we want to attract people back bottom line is the team needs to deliver on the pitch, but a bit of flexibility around ticket options may help as well.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Sat May 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Is the delay may be caused by the bean counters still scratching their heads and wondering just how high they can price them and still sell any given the teams performance last year(and the one before)?
Pitfitter

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:09 pm

I didn't have much luck with the Zebre or Treviso sites as I don't speak Italian, but everyone else in the league bar Edinburgh has season tickets on sale (Dragons are taking registrations but not money yet)
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Well if they want my money, they better announce quick before I head out to New Zealand as I'm leaving it all out there! :lol:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby artie fufkin on Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Until Myerside has issues with sell outs and we have a better team I cannot see any reason to raise the prices for season tickets. The quality of rugby has been poor for many years and we have a long way to go to become relevant in the sporting landscape in Edinburgh. For me it's a match by match basis. If we are doing well I will go to more games, simple as that
artie fufkin
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum