Season Tickets

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Season Tickets

Postby GuitarHero on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:59 am

biffer wrote:http://www.edinburghrugby.org/news/17/07/11/edinburgh-seek-home-advantage-myreside

Reading this, it looks as though it's just a re-worded version of the statement posted on the glasgow forum before. Not sure if I'm happy about this, as it's too difficult for the group of friends and family I go with (and have been going to games with for 10 years) are now not renewing as Myreside is too difficult for them to get to and get parked after work and travelling. Having to reconsider myself as I would now be the only one out of the 9 of us that can make the games.

I hope that it works out for the team's sake, as it certainly hasn't worked out for us.
GuitarHero
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Still not telling us much, acknowledges improvements required with Myrside but that was a given.

Will wait and see if there are further details with the ST information. New season is only 8 weeks (ish) away so would hope they have an idea about what changes they will have in place for the coming season...the wait goes on
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:10 am

Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:26 am

WARNING

Just tried to renew online and price for u/18's is wrong. Had to phone in. They say they are sorting it but just make sure before you buy.
Flinty's Barmy Army
International

Postby Oldsalt on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Blacknredarmyclub apparently don't want any support from across the Forth. Their "community" appears to be Edinburgh, Midlothian and the borders!!!
Winston Churchill said that going to sea was like going to prison but with a chance of drowning!
Oldsalt
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:34 pm

My daughter and I both enquired about the park and ride continuation, seems that it's still under review-took some time to get this response-we struggle some nights to make it on time so no chance of parking away from the venue and using public transport, ever felt unwanted? we want to support the team but aren't getting much encouragement.
Pitfitter

Postby Frenchy on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:02 pm

Oldsalt wrote:Blacknredarmyclub apparently don't want any support from across the Forth. Their "community" appears to be Edinburgh, Midlothian and the borders!!!

For reasons that may or may not make sense, Fife is part of the Caledonia region and thus is covered by Glasgow.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Oldsalt on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:03 am

I know fine well what Caledonia is/was, I used to support the Reds when they were in existence. Segregating support like this is another SteveWalsh administration decision by the SRU which could put potential supporters off.
Back in 2005/6/7 Edinburgh we're glad enough to take my ST money after the Reds were folded. Of course ER are so well off for supporters the they have moved to a small school to play their games.
Winston Churchill said that going to sea was like going to prison but with a chance of drowning!
Oldsalt
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Oldsalt wrote:I know fine well what Caledonia is/was, I used to support the Reds when they were in existence. Segregating support like this is another SteveWalsh administration decision by the SRU which could put potential supporters off.
Back in 2005/6/7 Edinburgh we're glad enough to take my ST money after the Reds were folded. Of course ER are so well off for supporters the they have moved to a small school to play their games.

Frenchy wrote:
Oldsalt wrote:Blacknredarmyclub apparently don't want any support from across the Forth. Their "community" appears to be Edinburgh, Midlothian and the borders!!!

For reasons that may or may not make sense, Fife is part of the Caledonia region and thus is covered by Glasgow.

For district age group team terms that is all well and good but the SRU have their heads up their DonalCourtney when it comes to any flexibility over FIfe in general. Same with the Caledonia leagues at grass route level.

Professional rugby has moved on, It is no longer Glasgow Caledonia but the Glasgow Warriors. Keeping the premise of G/C and E/B may work for the academies but it isn't that simple for fans.

Old Salt is right about the SRU cocking this up. Fife may be in the Caley region but plenty of us commute to Edinburgh every day and it is simply daft for the SRU/Embra to ignore the potential fan base. It also isn't for the SRU to tell the fans who they should be supporting.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:10 pm

I might be missing something's but in my quick read through I'm not seeing anything to get offended about.

There is a bit about working with clubs in the Lothian's and borders but missed the bit about hating the evil hordes from Fife!
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Martin Bell on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:03 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:I might be missing something's but in my quick read through I'm not seeing anything to get offended about.

There is a bit about working with clubs in the Lothian's and borders but missed the bit about hating the evil hordes from Fife!

It may be poor wording, but it seems to suggest that community and school outreach will not take place in Fife. If that's correct, I agree that it's shortsighted, given that many people from the area are Embra fans. Unless Glasgow are going to be doing that in Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy instead, it seems like a missed opportunity in the Edinburgh hinterland.
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:04 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:I might be missing something's but in my quick read through I'm not seeing anything to get offended about.

Rubbish. Folk travel to see both Edinburgh from aw the airts, clearly Edinburgh Rugby should be personalised chauffer driven service, heated seat and free for and drink for anyone travelling more than a couple of hundreds yards, and pay them for deigning to attend games.

Actually I thought community engagement was about the pro teams linking with communities, as in clubs, schools, even hospitals etc etc, not individual fans. Splitting that work between the 2 teams as described above makes sense and avoids overlap. Fans for both
Pro sides come from all over, including Fife and points north.

I blame Petrie anyway, job should be on the line for this outrage
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:19 pm

joe soap wrote:

Rubbish. Folk travel to see both Edinburgh from aw the airts, clearly Edinburgh Rugby should be personalised chauffer driven service, heated seat and free for and drink for anyone travelling more than a couple of hundreds yards, and pay them for deigning to attend games.

Actually I thought community engagement was about the pro teams linking with communities, as in clubs, schools, even hospitals etc etc, not individual fans. Splitting that work between the 2 teams as described above makes sense and avoids overlap. Fans for both
Pro sides come from all over, including Fife and points north.

I blame Petrie anyway, job should be on the line for this outrage

That's what I get with my season ticket. Doesn't everyone?
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Glasgow have sold 4500 season tickets. A quick nosey on the ticket site suggests we haven't even sold 450.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:29 pm

biffer wrote:Glasgow have sold 4500 season tickets. A quick nosey on the ticket site suggests we haven't even sold 450.

Their season tickets have been on sale for more than 10 times as long as ours
bignose
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum