Dave Denton

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Dave Denton

Postby borderflanker on Tue May 30, 2017 12:35 pm

Dave Denton has moved to Worcester Warriors for next season. After his initial move to Bath he has been plagued by injury and lack of form. He may well have cashed in salary wise with his move to England but his Scotland career has plummetted , Edinburgh cashed in at the right time so it seems.
borderflanker
Established pro

Re: Dave Denton

Postby germain on Tue May 30, 2017 2:33 pm

I hope he will flourish under Gold's guidance and restart his career. I really think he will.
germain
World Cup Star

Postby Jockybadger on Tue May 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Has been exceedingly unlucky with injuries, he had a colossal RWC 2015.

A healthy & on form Denton starts for Scotland @ 8 for me.
Jockybadger
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Wed May 31, 2017 10:36 am

borderflanker wrote:Dave Denton has moved to Worcester Warriors for next season. After his initial move to Bath he has been plagued by injury and lack of form. He may well have cashed in salary wise with his move to England but his Scotland career has plummetted , Edinburgh cashed in at the right time so it seems.

That's a pretty harsh to be fair.

Was a panic buy by Bath, had little time to settle then had a couple of pretty tough injuries at the wrong time.

He went from the RWC to a shock move to Bath then missed a lot of time with an injury and the 6N and then this season just finished ruptured his hamstring in the 1st game of the season. And he saw Bath bring in their original preferred option of Faletau at 8.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed May 31, 2017 11:39 am

BigD163 wrote:That's a pretty harsh to be fair.

Was a panic buy by Bath, had little time to settle then had a couple of pretty tough injuries at the wrong time.

He went from the RWC to a shock move to Bath then missed a lot of time with an injury and the 6N and then this season just finished ruptured his hamstring in the 1st game of the season. And he saw Bath bring in their original preferred option of Faletau at 8.

BigD! Could it be? :eek: :lol:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Wed May 31, 2017 11:52 am

Wottie wrote:
BigD163 wrote:That's a pretty harsh to be fair.

BigD! Could it be? :eek: :lol:

Haha, nah. Could do with his salary though. :lol:

I just think the Bath move was always destined to fail. Although there was a tasty fee for the club and wages for him.
  • Late notice move after the RWC, meaning it was the last week in November before his debut.
  • Injury in his 1st season which shortened and all ready short season at a new club.
  • Bath signing Faletau eventually.
  • Being injured when Faletau was also injured.
  • Bath going through internal issues with coaches etc
  • Injuries at inopportune times.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Wed May 31, 2017 1:29 pm

His injury this season was a particularly bad one, too. It was the same injury that finished Paul O'Connell's playing career - the extra miles on the clock being the difference, I think.

I hope this move is good for him, he looked huge when he came back a few months ago - he'd obviously spent a lot of time in the gym.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed May 31, 2017 1:50 pm

Much as I liked him at Edinburgh his game was a wee bit limited (not the only one obviously) but I thought it looked like it had started to evolve a bit once he started playing for Bath with bit more offloading etc pity he has been cursed with injuries while there.

Scotland need a couple of proper big ball carriers like him, hope he stays fit and gets plenty of game time at Worcester, we saw at RWC 2015 how much damage a fit and firing Denton can do.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Wed May 31, 2017 4:33 pm

His game might be limited, but he makes yards at international level which is a rare commodity in Scottish forwards. He's also underrated defensively - he's an athletic specimen and he can get over the ball well.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum