Edinburgh v Sale Friday 18 August – 1935 Meggetland

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh v Sale Friday 18 August – 1935 Meggetland

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:32 pm

How long is Van de Merwe out for?
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Crichton Gunner wrote:How long is Van de Merwe out for?

He and Bennett should be back around the new year (see the "injury update" on the official site).
germain
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:50 pm

Sonicboom wrote:Great to see Fife back in an Edinburgh jersey. Never understood why we let him go and would be delighted to see him back in our squad.

I've always been a fan of Dougie but he had been in woeful form for a long time by the time he left us. It would be great if he's rediscovered his 15s mojo while he's been away with the 7s. It worked for Lee Jones, didn't it?
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:49 pm

robdinsdale wrote:
Sonicboom wrote:Great to see Fife back in an Edinburgh jersey. Never understood why we let him go and would be delighted to see him back in our squad.

I've always been a fan of Dougie but he had been in woeful form for a long time by the time he left us. It would be great if he's rediscovered his 15s mojo while he's been away with the 7s. It worked for Lee Jones, didn't it?

That and a coach who believed in him.

If you're out of form, Solly isn't the man to turn things round. But I don't think Cockers will be as good as Toonie at that side of the game.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum