Ra Weeg

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Ra Weeg

Postby biffer on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Great performance tonight. Playing at a pace and intensity Munster can't cope with. Bonus point with twenty minutes to spare.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: Ra Weeg

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:32 pm

Can't wait to see what Rennie does with Hogg looking at what he did with McKenzie. What a coach, unreal the SRU got him over.

Genuinely an excellent side to watch when they play like they have, it's good to see Ashe back fit, Gibbins is unreal. Turner playing very well - don't think the interception was his fault as it was deflected and his line out throwing has been better. Ah well, just as well Solly decided he was too young to ever play and had Cochrane in there, who is obviously more ready for pro rugby...
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby royc on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Amazing game and result, particularly as Warriors were missing 7 of their first-choice star players (Hogg, Seymour, Huw Jones, Dunbar, Kebble, Brown and Gray!)

That try on about 45 was a peach, Horne (2nd choice) - Jackson (2nd choice) - Lee Jones? (2nd choice) - Grigg? (2nd choice), blimey that was a class act and they made it look so simple!

I thought the forwards held up very well, Warriors well and truly punctured Munster's bubble - tee hee!
royc
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:39 pm

Cracking performance, a bit fraught at times and they showed the good and bad of playing expansively. But Munster just couldn't live with them when they lifted the pace. Both teams will be much changed at the business end of the competition but fairly putting down a marker.

Not convinced by Turner though, I thought he looked good with ball in hand but a lack of precision throughout the game. Obviously the pass (he was a little unlucky there) but also his lineout throwing and a few time son ruck defence he gets pushed around. The scrum is not just a prop issue, Cummings and Swinson in the 2nd row and either Turner or Macarthur are all quite lightweight in the scrum (albeit it allows the fast paced game). Bear in mind it was an academy LH for Munster, it will be an area Glasgow need to improve, other then Kebble they don't have much else to some there either.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 am

royc wrote:Amazing game and result, particularly as Warriors were missing 7 of their first-choice star players (Hogg, Seymour, Huw Jones, Dunbar, Kebble, Brown and Gray!)

That try on about 45 was a peach, Horne (2nd choice) - Jackson (2nd choice) - Lee Jones? (2nd choice) - Grigg? (2nd choice), blimey that was a class act and they made it look so simple!

I thought the forwards held up very well, Warriors well and truly punctured Munster's bubble - tee hee!

Isn't Jones still to arrive?
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Found it pretty depressing to watch, to be honest. Not because of the performance, result or quality of rugby on offer - full credit to the Warriors on all those fronts.

No, it was depressing because it hammered home just how far ahead of us Glasgow are, and made me wonder if we'll ever see Edinburgh put a team like Munster to the sword like that again (and I think I know the answer to that).
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:51 pm

Rico wrote:Found it pretty depressing to watch, to be honest. Not because of the performance, result or quality of rugby on offer - full credit to the Warriors on all those fronts.

No, it was depressing because it hammered home just how far ahead of us Glasgow are, and made me wonder if we'll ever see Edinburgh put a team like Munster to the sword like that again (and I think I know the answer to that).

that isn't what is depressing. What is depressing is that Edinburgh have shown that they can front up to the Weegies, but can't be arsed in other games to show the same commitment. They can do it, they don't unless they think its a Scotland trial. Some gutting out needed and some players with guts brought in
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:51 pm

joe soap wrote:
Rico wrote:Found it pretty depressing to watch, to be honest. Not because of the performance, result or quality of rugby on offer - full credit to the Warriors on all those fronts.

that isn't what is depressing. What is depressing is that Edinburgh have shown that they can front up to the Weegies, but can't be arsed in other games to show the same commitment. They can do it, they don't unless they think its a Scotland trial. Some gutting out needed and some players with guts brought in

I don't know where you get this front up to the weegies. It took us 13 years to get an away win and how many years to get the cup back
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:25 pm

GaryIPA wrote:
joe soap wrote:

I don't know where you get this front up to the weegies. It took us 13 years to get an away win and how many years to get the cup back

The last three years we have. We've won four odds the last six games and two of the last three cups.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:45 pm

biffer wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:I don't know where you get this front up to the weegies. It took us 13 years to get an away win and how many years to get the cup back

The last three years we have. We've won four odds the last six games and two of the last three cups.

this is the bit GaryIPA doesn't get. We all know what a poor run Edin had against the Weegies, but how many of the current squad were here more than 3 or 4 years ago? Majority of the current squad has shown they can front up. Its just that they don't far too often.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:09 pm

I think Rennie is going to clean up the Pro14 with Glasgow. Teams aren't used to what they'll be doing - Lee Jones try last night was magic and team just don't practice defending in that situation.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:42 pm

Fair enough over the last 3 seasons. My experience goes back a lot further
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:49 am

GaryIPA wrote:Fair enough over the last 3 seasons. My experience goes back a lot further

Yeah, but that's the point that was being made. The current have shown they can front up and put a full eighty in against one of the best teams in the league - but only against Glasgow.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 am

The mental fragility of the team has been a long term issue. Monkeys/typewriters etc
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 am

GaryIPA wrote:The mental fragility of the team has been a long term issue. Monkeys/typewriters etc

long term issue - absolutely.

using your analogy, the monkeys produced the works of Shakespeare randomly after an infinite number of attempts. Recent Edinburgh squad have fronted up against Glasgow regularly, usually even, far from randomly.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum