The way the conferences are working out..

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: The way the conferences are working out..

Postby Tichtheid on Mon May 21, 2018 2:18 pm

Over on the Weedgie board they are saying that the Pro 14 conferences will stay the same next season, with the fixtures against the opposing pool teams being reversed, ie this season we went to Cardiff, next year they will come to us.

So that gives us home and away against Leinster, Scarlets, Ulster, Benetton, Dragons and Kings and the following; Cardiff H, Zebre A, Ospreys A, Cheetahs H, Munster A, Connacht H.

Plus the three games against Glasgow, though who knows where they will be played? If the SRU go with the same format then the last game will be at Murrayfield and bring in more supporters, but that would mean them permanently playing two away fixtures against us.

I'm okay with the rest of the fixture list, though
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Tichtheid wrote:Over on the Weedgie board they are saying that the Pro 14 conferences will stay the same next season, with the fixtures against the opposing pool teams being reversed, ie this season we went to Cardiff, next year they will come to us.

So that gives us home and away against Leinster, Scarlets, Ulster, Benetton, Dragons and Kings and the following; Cardiff H, Zebre A, Ospreys A, Cheetahs H, Munster A, Connacht H.

Plus the three games against Glasgow, though who knows where they will be played? If the SRU go with the same format then the last game will be at Murrayfield and bring in more supporters, but that would mean them permanently playing two away fixtures against us.

Munster and Leinster have swapped seeding positions from last season so should swap looking at how conferences were set up.

I reckon Celtic Park may be used to practice for the Pro14 final
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Mon May 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Edinburgh Shark wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:Over on the Weedgie board they are saying that the Pro 14 conferences will stay the same next season, with the fixtures against the opposing pool teams being reversed, ie this season we went to Cardiff, next year they will come to us.

Munster and Leinster have swapped seeding positions from last season so should swap looking at how conferences were set up.

In theory Munster and Leinster should swap but I think it’s better to only look at realignment every two years so the fixtures even out.

I agree with you about Celtic Park, only question is does all of Silver Saturday go there or just the 1872?
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Mon May 21, 2018 11:17 pm

Edinburgh Shark wrote:

Munster had 11 home games this season whereas Leinster only had 10 - swapping them over will cause a fair few issues. Realigning the Conferences every 2 years after a full set of fixtures and everyone has had 21 home and 21 away game just seems to make the most sense.
disco
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Tue May 22, 2018 7:11 am

Edinburgh Shark wrote:

I thought that too
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum