London Irish v Edinburgh

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: London Irish v Edinburgh

Postby royc on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Tichtheid wrote:I've just had a look, just for fun. Rasolea last played for Aus 7s when he was 21 years old.

So that sounds pretty definitive, going by what Gowrie wrote, Rasolea is Australian-qualified and therefore our 2nd 'Foreigner' in terms of the diddy cup.
royc
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Sorry if I have irritated you, I didn't realise what a sensitive we wee soul you were.

For someone who likes to deal in facts you are still summising why the players were left out of the squad despite reasons being offered as to why. Your version is just as much an assumption as others, so why not furnish us with the results of your extensive research?

Ah, so being irritated by anyone posting guff is being a sensitive soul - according to the poster who thinks it's getting personal to point out guff. Good stuff.

BTW, I don't come on here to be your personal gofur. The rules for each competition are readily accessible.
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:25 pm

London Irish first team squad members missing from their Challenge Cup squad:

Darren Dawidiuk - signed after squad would have been lodged with EPRC
Ciaran Hearn - 2 starts (143 minutes) this season. Canadian (non-Kolpak)
Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi - long-term injured list
James Marshall - 6 starts (480 mins). New Zealander (non-Kolpak)
Brendan McKibbin - 2 starts (159 mins). Australian (non-Kolpak)
Napolioni Nalaga - long-term injured list
Sentiki Nayalo - long-term injured list
Rishard Palframan - long-term injured list
Gordon Reid - long-term injured list
Manasa Saulo - 0 starts (0 mins). Fijian (Kolpak)
Jake Schatz - 1 start (86 mins). Australian (non-Kolpak)
Aseli Tikoirotuma - 4 starts (321 mins). Fijian (Kolpak)
Ofisa Treviranus - medium-term injured list
Franco van der Merwe - 6 starts (414 mins). South African (Kolpak)

(NB assumes each players nationality per their passport if the same as their rugby playing nationality)
disco
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:32 pm

royc wrote:Yes, probably Rasolea too. He's Australian-born, but played for Fiji in the JWC, then for Australia 7s. Does that make him dual-qualified or Australian? A question for Disco I think!

I would think it would be the passport they travel on that would be most relevant as that would define their rights of residency etc. for the Home Office / immigration authorities as EU / Kolpak etc. Most likely Rasolea would have an Australian passport having been born and raised there (although if he has a Fijian parent I think it can be reasonably straightforward to get a Fijian passport).
disco
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:13 am

Wottie wrote:
joe soap wrote:Great result, Crosbie ready to fill Bradbury's absence.

He's already covering Mata's absence. Really starting to think that we are not going to see him in an Edinburgh shirt again. Visa problems would be resolved one way or another by now. It's clearly something else and it's really disappointing as expected to see a lot more from him after the initial "bedding in" season.

I'd thought exactly the same and had posted as much on the forum, however read an interview with Cockers today where he confirmed Mata was back with the squad, good news - hope he kicks on now....
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:09 am

Highlights now up - impressive run by Rasolea for his 2nd try, and great strength from Crosbie for his score.

https://youtu.be/COMJb47jwbE
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:23 am

New Gunner wrote:Highlights now up - impressive run by Rasolea for his 2nd try, and great strength from Crosbie for his score.

I'm getting video not available
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:37 am

Meant to post this after the game.

Dr James Robson was doing some of the on field medic stuff for Edinburgh. He was also in RSA with Glasgow for their match with the Cheetahs. The word was he was filling in for the Glasgow medic who was unwell, but I wonder, as he was at the Madjeski whether he is supporting both clubs medical staff ? Obviously excellent if he is.

Anybody got any info on this - has he been doing any of the home games at Myreside ?
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 am

New Gunner wrote:
Wottie wrote:
joe soap wrote:Great result, Crosbie ready to fill Bradbury's absence.

He's already covering Mata's absence. Really starting to think that we are not going to see him in an Edinburgh shirt again. Visa problems would be resolved one way or another by now. It's clearly something else and it's really disappointing as expected to see a lot more from him after the initial "bedding in" season.

I'd thought exactly the same and had posted as much on the forum, however read an interview with Cockers today where he confirmed Mata was back with the squad, good news - hope he kicks on now....

Great news. Thanks. I was thinking about this at the weekend again whilst watching Nakarawa single handedly unpick Leicester in the Champions Cup. Getting him on the ball carrying and offloading with the likes of Fruean, Dean and Bennett in our midfield is something worth waiting for.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby gone south on Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:29 am

The Chiel wrote:Meant to post this after the game.

Dr James Robson was doing some of the on field medic stuff for Edinburgh. He was also in RSA with Glasgow for their match with the Cheetahs. The word was he was filling in for the Glasgow medic who was unwell, but I wonder, as he was at the Madjeski whether he is supporting both clubs medical staff ? Obviously excellent if he is.

Anybody got any info on this - has he been doing any of the home games at Myreside ?

Looked like him on the stairs to the rear door of the shuttle next to Doddie.
gone south
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:00 pm

gone south wrote:
The Chiel wrote:Meant to post this after the game.

Looked like him on the stairs to the rear door of the shuttle next to Doddie.

Thanks for the info across both forums ! I wondered whether to post on the Glasgow forum as well, but thought this one was probably the starting point for his attendance at Edinburgh .
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:50 pm

joe soap wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:Sorry if I have irritated you, I didn't realise what a sensitive we wee soul you were.

For someone who likes to deal in facts you are still summising why the players were left out of the squad despite reasons being offered as to why. Your version is just as much an assumption as others, so why not furnish us with the results of your extensive research?

Ah, so being irritated by anyone posting guff is being a sensitive soul - according to the poster who thinks it's getting personal to point out guff. Good stuff.

BTW, I don't come on here to be your personal gofur. The rules for each competition are readily accessible.

This is getting tedious and you are clearly only interested in your own opinion so this is the last I'm going to comment on this.

I have no issue with you calling my opinion out as "guff" as it is an opinion and I'm not stating facts, I am basing it on my own thoughts and that of others on the LI forum.

However your view is also an opinion and you asked me to back mine up while stating I should do research, however you seem unwilling to do the same with your opinion. I have said I have no great knowledge of the goings on at LI, you have stated that you do, so I have asked you to enlighten me. You either cant or wont. So the whole thing becomes pointless.

Again, no issue with my opinion being guff, but I reserve the right to think yours is too. We may both be wrong! Forums are about opinions I just don't get why you are upset when others have a different one from you.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Get a room you two
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:28 pm

biffer wrote:
New Gunner wrote:Highlights now up - impressive run by Rasolea for his 2nd try, and great strength from Crosbie for his score.

I'm getting video not available

Moi aussi.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Bit of a joke that they can't get any highlights together. You can find better coverage of National 1 here than they're putting up for an apparently professional competition.
gowrie
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum