Bradbury night out

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Bradbury night out

Postby BigD163 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:43 am

So the Scotsman have updated their story a wee bit:
No details have been given as to how long the investigation will take, or what range of sanctions could be involved. In theory, Bradbury could therefore be free to play against 
Krasny Yar in Moscow on Saturday, provided, that is, he recovers from 
the head knock he is understood to have received in the incident. At the other end of the disciplinary scale, he could be stripped of the captaincy, although that seems unlikely.

The forward – whose mother, Dee Bradbury, is vice-president of the Scottish Rugby Union – was on a day off and did not have training the following day. Any breach of discipline would therefore be based not on his being out in the centre of Edinburgh on the night in question, but on how well he looked after himself while there. It is understood he hit his head in a fall.

As someone mentioned elsewhere it sounds like they have been given a wee bit of info on the fly as it seems strange to say being stripped of the captaincy is unlikely without knowing something.

This should be resolved one way or another fairly quickly. Establish how drunk he was, send him to the naughty step/Watsonians (that's his drafted IIRC) for a couple of weeks and make him work hard to get back in.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Sonians is the new Coventry!

Agree it doesn't sound that bad. If he didn't have training etc. More the principle of being daft.and not being responsible.

Couple of weeks off, an apology to his team mates then get on with it. He may find it hard to get back in which will hurt him mor than the pavement.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Update on BBC, incident was 2 weeks ago. Not clear when he was suspended.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41655617
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:40 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Update on BBC, incident was 2 weeks ago. Not clear when he was suspended.

I'm really taking to Cockerill, his willingness to stand in front of his players, arms folded, facing out - it's good.

They will know he has their back, if they have anything about them they will respond in kind on the park.
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby ratty on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:05 am

Agreed, the Alex Ferguson approach. Don't ever criticise your players individually in a public forum regardless what they do but destroy them behind the scenes.
ratty
World Cup Star

Postby BigD163 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:46 am

The Feral Goat wrote:Update on BBC, incident was 2 weeks ago. Not clear when he was suspended.

Couple of interesting things from that.

1. I like RC's approach. Supportive and sensible publically.

2. The mention of the head knock v the Scarlets. I wonder how bad his "fall" really was? Maybe it wasn't that bad but given he had taken a head knock not long before that made it worse.
BigD163
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:31 am

https://theoffsideline.com/2017/10/25/r ... y-removal/

I particularly like this bit

I’m not going to treat them like children. If they behave poorly they’ll get disciplined, and over time we’ll get a group who make the right choices.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum