Hardie Suspension

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Hardie Suspension

Postby doedin on Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 am

Wottie wrote:
doedin wrote:Agreed. I suspect it will be better for him and for Embra if he moves on after this season. Shame, never really played to his potential for us due to injuries, call-ups, etc. Barclay an obvious replacement.

I meant everyone move on, not Hardie (but I was ridiculously unclear in doing so!). Got to congratulate the SRU on the timing of the announcement. The team and management being thousands of miles away and unavailable for comment and they even wait for the raft of weekly rugby podcasts to be recorded and released so as to avoid comment and discussion until it's pretty old news. They really are getting their sh*t together these days aren't they?

Nah, I knew what you meant, it was clear enough, but just think that the whole episode will have created antibodies and this sort of scenario is not usually recoverable. Easier for a player to move on particularly as Hardie will be coming to the end of his contract, will be on a good wedge that can be freed up and has not actually played an awful lot of games for us for a variety of reasons. Best all round I think?
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:20 am

Legless wrote:Obviously timed to coincide with the announcement of the royal wedding so it would go below the radar :lol:

What wedding? Have I missed something? :wink:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:10 pm

borderflanker wrote:John Hardie took a drug test for Cocaine and the result was negative, whatever he has done has not been fully disclosed, I know that both the playing squad and backroom staff are pretty TonySpreadbury off about the handling off this

Cocaine leaves the system quite quickly, so a test might not be too conclusive.
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:51 pm

robdinsdale wrote:
borderflanker wrote:John Hardie took a drug test for Cocaine and the result was negative, whatever he has done has not been fully disclosed, I know that both the playing squad and backroom staff are pretty TonySpreadbury off about the handling off this

Not strictly true, depends on frequency of usage and testing method.

Urine test is 3-14 days depending on frequency, hair test can be up to a year.
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:49 pm

zt1903 wrote:
robdinsdale wrote:

Not strictly true, depends on frequency of usage and testing method.

Urine test is 3-14 days depending on frequency, hair test can be up to a year.

Which way were you caught? We've heard about you London city types. :wink:
Weegie
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum