Edinburgh v Ospreys

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh v Ospreys

Postby germain on Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:34 pm

Suzzy's back. That's all there is to say :D :airborne:
germain
World Cup Star

Postby gunneria on Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:18 pm

germain wrote:Suzzy's back. That's all there is to say :D :airborne:

I've got a sneaky feeling that a space has been left for him to join up with the AI squad at some point. Only two inexperienced LHs in the squad at the moment.
gunneria
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 pm

gunneria wrote:
germain wrote:Suzzy's back. That's all there is to say :D :airborne:

I've got a sneaky feeling that a space has been left for him to join up with the AI squad at some point. There are no LHs who are anywhere near good enough in the squad at the moment.

Fixed that for you!
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:22 pm

What’s happened to all the SteveWalsh handling?

Is Bradbury taking everyone out for a bevvy?
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:34 pm

I thought that was an excellent, professional and patient display. The pack all played very well.

Hope Tom Brown is okay.

More to write about it, but for now there is refreshment to be had
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Gutted to miss this game. sounds like huge strides forward.

With a decent platform CDP and SHC can have a msssive impact. Great to be putting in performances with our main attacking threats, Bennet, Fruaen, Hoyland and hopefully Graham, still to come
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:06 pm

When Edinburgh failed to score after hammering away for ages in the first half, my first thought was 'here we go again, can't make pressure pay'. Delighted to be proven wrong.

So many youngsters on the pitch at the end playing well, some of whom had replaced other youngsters, can only bode well.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:18 pm

Tichtheid wrote:I thought that was an excellent, professional and patient display. The pack all played very well.

Hope Tom Brown is okay.

More to write about it, but for now there is refreshment to be had

+1 WooHoo.
Pitfitter

Postby Debaser on Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:31 pm

I enjoyed that. Lots of good stuff and some of our backs handling tonight was sublime. A good display and deserved win overall. woohoo indeed
Debaser
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:21 pm

That was excellent, top class entertainment.

Not the 10 man rugby some expected with Cockerill. Tovey, JJ, CdP and Kinghorn caused chaos.

Crosbie really looks the real deal too, didn't take a backwards step all day.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Sonicboom on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:59 pm

I thought that was the best Gilchrist has played since his injury too. What impressed me most was the composure the team showed in attack. Despite phase after phase coming up just short it never felt frantic or as though someone was going to try a miracle pass but rather a feeling of belief in themselves that if they kept going the score would come
Sonicboom
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Also loved it when Fenton smashed Sam Davies just after he'd passed, right on the borderline of legal but something we'd never dreamed to have done last year.

This team is nasty and in your face, long may it continue.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:40 pm

Best performance in quite a few years, I'd say. Some of our back play was a joy to watch, and credit should be given to Hodge for his part in that. A performance full of fight and skill, we actually looked like a proper rugby side. Very encouraging for the rest of the season.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:42 am

Crichton Gunner wrote:Best performance in quite a few years, I'd say. Some of our back play was a joy to watch, and credit should be given to Hodge for his part in that. A performance full of fight and skill, we actually looked like a proper rugby side. Very encouraging for the rest of the season.

well CG, I'd agree with your first sentence. Keeping feet firmly on terra firma, Ospreys without the sheer will to win of Jones and Bigger were actually quite toothless after a flash start.But a very good all round performance and result.

On the backs and Hodge, was it a fluke and one off, or was it that the much maligned (by folk on here) Hodge is suddenly a great coach; or was it just a case of the backs were never that bad as some made out and tonight the pack really fired and gave them consistent good front foot ball?
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:46 am

Brilliant performance. With the emergence of JJ and Dean it now seems a shame we spent a chunk of budget on a couple of 13s and not a 12. Bennett to 12 maybe? I saw him play there for the U20s against France and he was phenomenal. Not sure if he played there for the Weegies at all.

Pleased for Fraz - finally getting a run of games and showing what he can do.
macdone
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum