Other Pro14 Tonight

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Other Pro14 Tonight

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:04 pm

I thought George Horne was absolutely brilliant last night, that's two weeks in a row where he has brought real pace and accuracy from the base.

However Niko was the difference, last night was all about him, for the first half he was unplayable and when he is on that sort of form no one can touch him. I'll have to watch it again to be sure, but other than Matawalu I don't think Glasgow looked a better side than Leinster, but hey, if we'd have gone eight from eight with six BPs I wouldn't be complaining.
I just don't think you can count on that sort of match-breaking individual brilliance to happen very often.

On another matter, with the Cheetahs being in third place in conference A, am I right in thinking that if it ends up that way then the team in fifth will go on to the play off for the seventh big cup spot?
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:14 am

Tichtheid wrote:I thought George Horne was absolutely brilliant last night, that's two weeks in a row where he has brought real pace and accuracy from the base.

However Niko was the difference, last night was all about him, for the first half he was unplayable and when he is on that sort of form no one can touch him. I'll have to watch it again to be sure, but other than Matawalu I don't think Glasgow looked a better side than Leinster, but hey, if we'd have gone eight from eight with six BPs I wouldn't be complaining.
I just don't think you can count on that sort of match-breaking individual brilliance to happen very often.

On another matter, with the Cheetahs being in third place in conference A, am I right in thinking that if it ends up that way then the team in fifth will go on to the play off for the seventh big cup spot?

Correct
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:10 pm

I see Ulster are getting a right pumping from Connacht tonight, which is good for us.
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 pm

FFS chrimbo can only go downhill from here! And I love my sprouts
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Oops, I posted on the wrong thread about the Wesht v Ulcer

mon Connacht
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:01 pm

37-6 to Connacht now
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:45 pm

44-16 FT :eek:
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:09 am

Tichtheid wrote:I thought George Horne was absolutely brilliant last night, that's two weeks in a row where he has brought real pace and accuracy from the base.

Well,
He was pish tonight
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Dragons take a 6 try beating off the Kings tonight. Ouch
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Looked a different team
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:20 pm

A most unexpected result.
Pitfitter

Postby Oldsalt on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:41 pm

The thing I've liked about the Kings is that they have always tried to play rugby. It was on the cards that it would click for them and someone would be on the wrong side of the scoreline. They will be harder to beat next year.
Winston Churchill said that going to sea was like going to prison but with a chance of drowning!
Oldsalt
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Oldsalt wrote:The thing I've liked about the Kings is that they have always tried to play rugby. It was on the cards that it would click for them and someone would be on the wrong side of the scoreline. They will be harder to beat next year.

Agreed. Hopefully Benneton next up.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:40 pm

Scarlets 10 - leinster 10 tonight.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby joe soap on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:42 pm

Scarlets and Leinster draw 10 all, Edinburgh 10 behind Scarlets and 13 behind Leinster with a game in hand on both. Not easy but Scarlets are catchable, in Edinburgh's control as play them at home
joe soap
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum