1872 Cup Format

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: 1872 Cup Format

Postby Wottie on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:06 pm

bignose wrote:
biffer wrote:East Stand is pretty much sold out. Doesn't look like there are pitchside standing tickets left either.

Glasgow sent an email out this morning to registered email addresses encouraging them to "Turn Murrayfield Blue"

:roll: They will probably be shouting, singing and making a noise and stuff as well :roll:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Wottie wrote:
bignose wrote:
biffer wrote:East Stand is pretty much sold out. Doesn't look like there are pitchside standing tickets left either.

Glasgow sent an email out this morning to registered email addresses encouraging them to "Turn Murrayfield Blue"

:roll: They will probably be shouting, singing and making a noise and stuff as well :roll:

They've nae couth at all
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:20 pm

They'll not even bring a tartan blanket, unless it's burberry
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Wottie wrote:
bignose wrote:

Don’t forget the booing!
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 pm

Do we know the officials yet ?
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:45 am

Not sure, high chance it will be mike adamson though.

Ticketing at the moment is poor. I have friends who are interested in coming, they go on the website and the option is relaly to sit in one of the corners, so they haven't bothered.

We know the stadium isn't going to be half full, so why are we selling what are the worst seats? Surely it makes more sense to make the occasion as good an experience as possible. Sell the East then the West and have one of the North or South lower open for those who prefer that. It is probably so it looks full on tv but we have to think about what is going to make people want to come and then come again. That is not putting them in the corner. Similarly the corner tickets are cheaper, most people would probably pay more to sit in a better seat. I just don't get the logic for a game when the potential sales are good.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:05 am

There's a distinct reluctance to confirm the rules of the 1872. Is it best of three games or is it total aggregate score? Does the third game even count?

Complete silence.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:25 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:We know the stadium isn't going to be half full, so why are we selling what are the worst seats? Surely it makes more sense to make the occasion as good an experience as possible. Sell the East then the West and have one of the North or South lower open for those who prefer that. It is probably so it looks full on tv but we have to think about what is going to make people want to come and then come again. That is not putting them in the corner. Similarly the corner tickets are cheaper, most people would probably pay more to sit in a better seat. I just don't get the logic for a game when the potential sales are good.

Yes, it's not very clever.
Plus, selling the west stand to Glasgow's fans and the East to Edinburgh's coud be fun. 8)
:airborne:
germain
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:31 pm

Or just sell them the corners. After Scotstoun they will be delighted just to have a roof and access to a toilet!
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby David990 on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:24 pm

booooooooooo!
David990
International

Postby biffer on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:49 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Not sure, high chance it will be mike adamson though.

Ticketing at the moment is poor. I have friends who are interested in coming, they go on the website and the option is relaly to sit in one of the corners, so they haven't bothered.

We know the stadium isn't going to be half full, so why are we selling what are the worst seats? Surely it makes more sense to make the occasion as good an experience as possible. Sell the East then the West and have one of the North or South lower open for those who prefer that. It is probably so it looks full on tv but we have to think about what is going to make people want to come and then come again. That is not putting them in the corner. Similarly the corner tickets are cheaper, most people would probably pay more to sit in a better seat. I just don't get the logic for a game when the potential sales are good.

Yeah, they shouldn’t open it up section by section, once the East is sold then a substantially larger part of the north and south should be put on sale.

Having said that, the top corners are where I have my ticket for the internationals and I think they’re great seats.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 pm

true there aren't many out and out bad seats. Its perception as much as anything, why not let people choose where they sit.

Personally I would open up the full bottom tier and the top tier of the East. Not sure what that would make capacity but it would still look quite full. Could possibly do an early discount only for East stand seats to make sure it is full for the cameras then open up the west then the North/South. Having noise on more than one side will add to the atmosphere too.

Ive got a group of friends who are waiting for "better" seats to be opened up on the website. Hopefully they will be soon, but if not they probably will watch it in the pub. Which is a shame.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:08 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:true there aren't many out and out bad seats. Its perception as much as anything, why not let people choose where they sit.

Personally I would open up the full bottom tier and the top tier of the East. Not sure what that would make capacity but it would still look quite full. Could possibly do an early discount only for East stand seats to make sure it is full for the cameras then open up the west then the North/South. Having noise on more than one side will add to the atmosphere too.

Ive got a group of friends who are waiting for "better" seats to be opened up on the website. Hopefully they will be soon, but if not they probably will watch it in the pub. Which is a shame.

Well you can pretty much guarantee them that the West stand won't be opened. There's pitchside standing in front of the West so the lower won't be opened and the upper will only be opened if the whole of the north and south sell out.

They'll just need to buy earlier next time!
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:12 pm

David990 wrote:booooooooooo!

No no, But the ref. But the ref.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:13 pm

bignose wrote:

Glasgow sent an email out this morning to registered email addresses encouraging them to "Turn Murrayfield Boo”

Fixed it
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum