Finncoming

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Finncoming

Postby dolf_lundgren on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:52 pm

You heard it here first, said he wanted to try a new culture and learn a new language, makes perfect sense!

*may or may not be completely made up
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Re: Finncoming

Postby Rico on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 am

Pah, a poor man's Jason Tovey :wink:

On a more serious note, wonder whether this will mean Weir moving back at the end of the season?
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:36 am

Not sure about that, a year ago a definite possibility.

Now, there potential that neither team would even make him an offer. I still think he can do a job for us, just seems to have lost a lot of confidence. Still only 26 though, should be in his prime.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 am

Russell was always likely to leave, the sort of freak injury he got that almost ended his career, would only sharpen the focus on how short his time in the game could be, combine that with nearly missing out on the Pro game altogether the odds were he was going to leave and cash in. From a Glasgow point of view it frees up significant salary to try and retain other players but the bigger issues is how to replace Russell although Rennie may know of someone in NZ…

Weir is in a bit of an odd place short of confidence and not really the style of 10 Glasgow, Scotland and even Edinburgh to a lesser extent are looking for. I would think he is a good enough goal kicker to be of interest to some of the more conservative AP and T14 clubs but given he did not have offers last time and you can’t say he has enhanced his reputation while at Edinburgh, I agree he could still do a job for us I am not sure he will be at ER next season.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum