Krasny Yar 2nd leg

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Krasny Yar 2nd leg

Postby gowrie on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUXv949Wmy4 - Full game on youtube

fun facts, according to the EPCR site Dean, Kinghorn, Hoyland and Graham are in the top 5 for defenders beaten, and Lewis Carmichael's joint 4th in clean breaks.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:52 pm

Cheers Gowrie, good find!

Edit Having watched it again think irrespective of opposition that was a good performance with a some really good tries scored notably Kinghorns which was individual skill good step and burn the defence for pace and Ritchies a really good team try with offloads out of the tackle and good support play.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Thanks for the recording.

I've got to Kinghorn's try, his pace playing at ten is just devastating, he has opened them up like a sardine can several times already.
Okay so he won't get that much time or space against a better organised side, but maybe it's time to let him play there more often, his distribution seems good.

Though Cockers might not want to take the risk until the mistakes are ironed out at fullback
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:51 pm

I thought Kinghorn was excellent at 10 but we won't play a worse side than Krasny Yar for a long while. It does have a bit Hogg Vs the Aussie part timers.

I think Kinghorn has been unplayable when he attacks the line from fullback so j don't want to lose that but time at fullback Vs a side like Cardiff would be interesting.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Tichtheid wrote:Okay so he won't get that much time or space against a better organised side, but maybe it's time to let him play there more often, his distribution seems good.

Do you want to start a brawl on the forum ? 8)

Edit: If Van der Walt's bug is still there next week, we could see it sooner than expected and against Russell ! :eek:
germain
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Watching it myself I thought it showed that Kinghorn isn't that suited to 10. He sat really deep, his passing still is too unreliable, and his best bits were broken field running like when he's at 15.
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:57 pm

Graham isnae half rapid, is he?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:44 pm

That was the first time I'd seen Graham play, and I have to say he wasn't as fast as I was expecting. I'd say Kinghorn is quicker. Graham's legs look like they're going faster, whereas Kinghorn just seems to glide, but the net effect seems to me that Kinghorn covers the ground quicker. It's great to have such pace in our side, it's a real problem for the opposition to deal with.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:30 pm

Crichton Gunner wrote: I'd say Kinghorn is quicker. Graham's legs look like they're going faster, whereas Kinghorn just seems to glide, but the net effect seems to me that Kinghorn covers the ground quicker. It's great to have such pace in our side, it's a real problem for the opposition to deal with.

That was my take at the LI game, Kinghorn a little quicker top speed but Graham the more explosive acceleration and an ability to step that will cause defences no end of problems.

Would be interesting to see how both compare against the likes of Hogg for top end pace.

Nice "problem" to be debating.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Crichton Gunner wrote:That was the first time I'd seen Graham play, and I have to say he wasn't as fast as I was expecting. I'd say Kinghorn is quicker. Graham's legs look like they're going faster, whereas Kinghorn just seems to glide, but the net effect seems to me that Kinghorn covers the ground quicker. It's great to have such pace in our side, it's a real problem for the opposition to deal with.

We're you expecting him to be on a Honda?
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:24 am

Realisitcally I can't see Kinghorn getting a lot of time at ten, as much as I'd like him to be given a shot (as an aside, Sammy played well there when he came on)

Hoyland played like a man with a point to prove and he really did prove it.

Looks like we've got good competition along the back three now.

Chris Dean is improving by the game
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby David990 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:53 am

Is it just me or is Darcy Graham's left leg got a lot of strapping on it?
David990
International

Postby GunnerRob on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Anyone know when the exact time and dates Stade Francais games are announced? Thinking about heading over to Paris for the game but would be struggling if it was on the Friday night.
GunnerRob
International

Postby liveinhope on Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:35 pm

The EPRC website says they will announce "later in the week" after consultation with the tv companies.
Given a number of the Champions Cup pools look closer than usual could be quite a bit of horse trading for the so called prime spots thus slowing down the decision.My guess would be sometime on Thursday.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum