Krasny Yar 2nd leg

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Krasny Yar 2nd leg

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:56 am

There is a really good article by David Barnes in The Offside Line which adds some background and colour to the match

https://theoffsideline.com/kirkcaldy-kr ... -scotland/
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Tichtheid wrote:There is a really good article by David Barnes in The Offside Line which adds some background and colour to the match

That's a really interesting read, thanks!
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:04 pm

Good article.

Few other interesting articles currently on the site as well

1. Rory Sutherland – obviously being out for a year is a bad injury but had not appreciated just how bad it was.

"It was in the warm-up,” he explained when asked how the injury had occurred shortly before he was due to play in the Challenge Cup game. “I went out and had warmed up for maybe five or 10 minutes. We do a couple of sprints just to get some air into the lungs, and when I took off my adductor just pinged off the bone.

“It was a week before I got a check-up down in London. After that, I had my operation a week later. After the operation I was bed-bound for a good month. I then got a really bad infection [at the site of the injury], so I had to go back down again for another checkup. They repaired that, but I was in bed for another couple of months. After that, it was just slowly building into rehab, doing longer sessions, gym work and then taking baby steps into running. It was a long process, just building up to fitness.

2.In the Van De Walt article wee update on Injuries – Marfo expected back for Glasgow (tight back), Bennett likely to be available but may not be risked
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:22 pm

That's quite a story about the full extent of Sutherland's injury-amazing that the club never gave any hint of this during most of this year which I would have thought might have helped supporters give players a but more sympathy in dealing with recovery issues.
My recollection is that Alan Dell's withdrawal from the November internationals (just prior to the Samoa game?) was-like Rory Sutherland- also for a groin injury in training .Anyone have the inside track on his recovery given his colleague's woes leave me concerned if this is something similar?
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 pm

Try BP after 20 mins.

Not managed to find a stream anywhere.

EDIT: What happened to van der Walt?

EDITx2 - Has a bug, apparently.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Good that we are running in tries stadt lost to them in Russia and won 39-24 in Paris. Want to see us be ruthless with more of the same second half please.
Last edited by The Feral Goat on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby robdinsdale on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 pm

Think we might win this one...
robdinsdale
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:41 pm

SHC on for Kinghorn. Injured?
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:43 pm

Resting him with game won me thinks.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:19 pm

That'll do, Kinghorn gets a shot at 10, Graham at 15 and Van Der Merwe is flying. Pretty much the best possible outcome. Hopefully no injuries to report.

Not often we look like we might be in better shape than Glasgow going into the 1872.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:15 am

Well, not much to say after that. Goodness knows how Krazny Yar ever beat Stade, they would struggle against Boroughmuir. We played well enough, but can't read much into that win. Oh, other than that Kinghorn is totally class, and is on the way to being a fantastic player. Deserved MoM and he only played 45 mins.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:51 am

Think it is encouraging that the last two weeks we have performed pretty much for 80mins and not got dragged down by oppo or switched off early on once game comfortable. Cockerill may well like that we conceded nothing as much as we scored 12 tries.

Post Treviso at home we are definitely seeing a better mental approach from the squad this season and competition for places that is pushing up standards. Tougher challenges ahead but squad have to go in to the 1872 with confidence, can't see Cockerill not having them well fired up for it.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby germain on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:39 am

biffer wrote:
Tichtheid wrote:There is a really good article by David Barnes in The Offside Line which adds some background and colour to the match

That's a really interesting read, thanks!

I had a good laugh at the story on the english test. Good reading. :)
germain
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:51 pm

Hmm,looks like a bonus point try on the last play gives SF victory and 5 points-after Greg Tonks had put LI ahead at 77mins.So still all to play for in Round %-perhaps as well we play SF first at home as they are not out of it if they win both legs against us.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Squeaky bum time ahead yet then!
Pitfitter

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum