Edinburgh and Ulster Remaining Fixtures

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh and Ulster Remaining Fixtures

Postby disco on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:43 pm

gowrie wrote:It's almost like they're deliberately trying to get us out of the playoffs.

Was that what Edinburgh were trying when they lost to Ulster on their own patch?
disco
World Cup Star

Postby gowrie on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:54 pm

disco wrote:
gowrie wrote:It's almost like they're deliberately trying to get us out of the playoffs.

Was that what Edinburgh were trying when they lost to Ulster on their own patch?

And if Weir hadn't made that suicidal kick in the last few minutes we'd already be through.

Just a coincidence surely...
gowrie
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Ayton1keith wrote:It looks like Munster/Ulster kicks off 2hours before our game on Saturday, so at least we will know what is required come 7.45pm next Saturday

I can tell you that now, a win
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Cheers Glasgow. Miracle passes from your 22 on 79 minutes when you'd lost the game by a mile but hadn't given away the 4TBP really helped the Scottish cause.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby BruceLee on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:34 pm

New Gunner wrote:Cheers Glasgow. Miracle passes from your 22 on 79 minutes when you'd lost the game by a mile but hadn't given away the 4TBP really helped the Scottish cause.

Could not agree more,useless twats.Watch this they will play out of there skins at Murrayfield.We will just have to put them to the sword they have been SteveWalsh the past few games.Agree with previous posts on Dunbar and Russell as well.
BruceLee
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:04 pm

BruceLee wrote:
New Gunner wrote:Cheers Glasgow. Miracle passes from your 22 on 79 minutes when you'd lost the game by a mile but hadn't given away the 4TBP really helped the Scottish cause.

Could not agree more,useless twats.Watch this they will play out of there skins at Murrayfield.We will just have to put them to the sword they have been SteveWalsh the past few games.Agree with previous posts on Dunbar and Russell as well.

Grip. WE are in a place of our own making. WE need to sort it out.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:20 pm

GaryIPA wrote:
BruceLee wrote:

Grip. WE are in a place of our own making. WE need to sort it out.

It is possible to be both aware that we are responsible for where we are and what we need to do, and to feel immense frustration that our western brothers could have done us a favour and blew it. I don't need to get a grip, thanks.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:39 pm

TonySpreadbury off with that result, the weedgies had better chuck it against us next week cos you can be sure the IRFU will make sure Ulster get the 5 points they need next week!
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:07 am

BruceLee wrote:

It was entirely in Edinburgh's own hands and they blew it. Can you really complain then when a team with nothing to play for fails to do you a favour to bail you out?
disco
World Cup Star

Postby macdone on Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:50 am

You're right Disco 100% but wtf is going on with your backline? Price, Russell, Jones and Seymour look so short of confidence it's unreal. They definitely don't seem to have the freedom they had under Gregor. No doubt they will be fired up for next week having said that!
macdone
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:56 am

macdone wrote:You're right Disco 100% but wtf is going on with your backline? Price, Russell, Jones and Seymour look so short of confidence it's unreal. They definitely don't seem to have the freedom they had under Gregor. No doubt they will be fired up for next week having said that!

Price just isn't as good as we all thought. He's had a honking season for Glasgow - and Laidlaw is better for Scotland, Russell is counting his euros, Jones basic skill levels and decision making isn't the best as we've seen for Scotland at times and that's how Rennie plays and I believe Seymour had some problems with his child's birth and came off the Lions so I think it's excusable.

There's too many conspiracy theories on here - neither the IRFU or SRU are going to chuck a game.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:24 am

New Gunner wrote:
It is possible to be both aware that we are responsible for where we are and what we need to do, and to feel immense frustration that our western brothers could have done us a favour and blew it. I don't need to get a grip, thanks.

I suspect doing us a favour was that last thing on their mind
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:28 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
macdone wrote:You're right Disco 100% but wtf is going on with your backline? Price, Russell, Jones and Seymour look so short of confidence it's unreal. They definitely don't seem to have the freedom they had under Gregor. No doubt they will be fired up for next week having said that!

Price just isn't as good as we all thought. He's had a honking season for Glasgow - and Laidlaw is better for Scotland, Russell is counting his euros, Jones basic skill levels and decision making isn't the best as we've seen for Scotland at times and that's how Rennie plays and I believe Seymour had some problems with his child's birth and came off the Lions so I think it's excusable.

There's too many conspiracy theories on here - neither the IRFU or SRU are going to chuck a game.

Price is doing an SHC he’s a bomb scare. Russell is a sunshine player. Fantastic when going his way can’t dig himself out when it’s not. Play like that in the semi they won’t need to worry about the final
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Crichton Gunner on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:39 am

gowrie wrote:And if Weir hadn't made that suicidal kick in the last few minutes we'd already be through.

Had a horrible feeling at the time that this would come back to haunt us. I know there were other times in the season we could have picked up the point we need, but that was a poor decision on Weir's part. Still, I'd rather be in our position than Ulster's, and it's very much in our own hands. I get the feeling that Cockers would prefer that we finished 3rd by our own efforts, rather than by Ulster falling short, and the team should certainly not be lacking in motivation next Saturday.
Crichton Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:57 am

Crichton Gunner wrote:
gowrie wrote:And if Weir hadn't made that suicidal kick in the last few minutes we'd already be through.

Had a horrible feeling at the time that this would come back to haunt us. I know there were other times in the season we could have picked up the point we need, but that was a poor decision on Weir's part. Still, I'd rather be in our position than Ulster's, and it's very much in our own hands. I get the feeling that Cockers would prefer that we finished 3rd by our own efforts, rather than by Ulster falling short, and the team should certainly not be lacking in motivation next Saturday.

It would be great if drags could pull something out the hat against Scarlets to give us second to play for as well.
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum