I have a feeling....

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

I have a feeling....

Postby biffer on Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:32 pm

...that we’ll be through at Scotstoun for a Pro14 playoff.

I think we’re more than capable of catching Ulster and taking third in our conference.

And I think Glasgow may get caught by Munster, due to injuries and 1: they have a tough run in 2: their weaknesses have been exposed & 3: their injuries are going to catch up with them.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Re: I have a feeling....

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:26 pm

I’ll come clean and say I didn’t realise that top 3 go into the play offs this year.

We have a tough run of games, but with home and away against Ulster it’s in our own hands
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Not seeing Glasgow getting caught. 15 league points is a huge gap to close in 8 games.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:58 am

Would be great for Scottish rugby....game surely moved to murrayfield as well :twisted:

Think it unlikely, with Munster still in Europe i can see them dropping a few points in the league and not catching Glasgow.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Old West Stand on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:06 am

Tichtheid wrote:I’ll come clean and say I didn’t realise that top 3 go into the play offs this year.

We have a tough run of games, but with home and away against Ulster it’s in our own hands

I had forgotten that too.
I also couldn’t recall Champions Cup qualification this year, so looked at that.
The fourth team in each conference play off for the seventh qualification spot from the Pro14. So Edinburgh have three chances of getting in to the Champions Cup this time:-

Third place in the conference
Challenge Cup Winners
Pro14 seventh place play-off winners.

That looks like good odds.
It would be a very fine achievement if Cockerill managed that in his first season.
I like how he's going about his business.
Old West Stand
Established pro

Postby joe soap on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:30 am

Frenchy wrote:Not seeing Glasgow getting caught. 15 league points is a huge gap to close in 8 games.

could be very tight though. They have 4 games they would expect to win fairly comfortably , 3 at home and one away. win those with a couple of BPs and job done. But 1 of the home games (Cheetahs) and the away to Dragons are during the 6N. Lose those and its game on.

Away to Munster and Edinburgh could be the key
joe soap
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:35 am

biffer wrote:...that we’ll be through at Scotstoun for a Pro14 playoff.

I think we’re more than capable of catching Ulster and taking third in our conference.

And I think Glasgow may get caught by Munster, due to injuries and 1: they have a tough run in 2: their weaknesses have been exposed & 3: their injuries are going to catch up with them.

Bobbins. No chance .
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum