Ulster - Edinburgh (16/02/2018)

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Ulster - Edinburgh (16/02/2018)

Postby djphilp on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:01 pm

sammy wrote:
Oldsalt wrote:Watching last weeks match and the game last night R. Cockerill is getting the squad to all go down the right path.
How many times a few seasons ago we were bemoaning the fact that the team did not play for 80 minutes. Now they are!
Some stupid penalties aside that was quite a powerful performance, Mckenzie and Carmichael were outstanding all night. Best game by SHC in a long long time.
I was not in favour about recruiting Mr Cockerill as coach but if he keeps doing what he's doing I (we) might just take up a season ticket again.

I was of the similar view, very happy to be proven wrong.

Ditto :D
Click on the logo above for Edinburgh's official website.
djphilp
World Cup Star

Postby Le Jock Sportif on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Didn't see the Ulster game but made it Leinster and was very impressed. Cockerill is undoubtedly a laser-focused professional. I feared he might rock the boat a bit too much with some, but credit where it's due. I'm interested to see who he brings in.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not what you understand.
Le Jock Sportif
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:58 pm

djphilp wrote:
sammy wrote:
Oldsalt wrote:Watching last weeks match and the game last night R. Cockerill is getting the squad to all go down the right path.
How many times a few seasons ago we were bemoaning the fact that the team did not play for 80 minutes. Now they are!
Some stupid penalties aside that was quite a powerful performance, Mckenzie and Carmichael were outstanding all night. Best game by SHC in a long long time.
I was not in favour about recruiting Mr Cockerill as coach but if he keeps doing what he's doing I (we) might just take up a season ticket again.

I was of the similar view, very happy to be proven wrong.

Ditto :D

Good that he's turning opinions round in less than a year. And fair play to you all for admitting it!
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby bignose on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:19 pm

biffer wrote:Good that he's turning opinions round in less than a year. And fair play to you all for admitting it!

Still just one spineless defeat to the Dragons away from the pitchforks, mind you :)
bignose
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:02 pm

bignose wrote:
biffer wrote:Good that he's turning opinions round in less than a year. And fair play to you all for admitting it!

Still just one spineless defeat to the Dragons away from the pitchforks, mind you :)

hilarious
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:30 am

Le Jock Sportif wrote:Didn't see the Ulster game but made it Leinster and was very impressed. Cockerill is undoubtedly a laser-focused professional. I feared he might rock the boat a bit too much with some, but credit where it's due. I'm interested to see who he brings in.

In the case of WR I'm not sure it would have been possible to rock the boat too much!
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby royc on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:49 pm

The Nudger wrote:
Le Jock Sportif wrote:Didn't see the Ulster game but made it Leinster and was very impressed. Cockerill is undoubtedly a laser-focused professional. I feared he might rock the boat a bit too much with some, but credit where it's due. I'm interested to see who he brings in.

In the case of WR I'm not sure it would have been possible to rock the boat too much!

WR???
royc
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:19 pm

Oops, ER!
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby royc on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 pm

The Nudger wrote:Oops, ER!

Oh right, agree entirely, mega boat-rocking was well overdue! But I much like the way RC has gone about it, he doesn't seem to have alienated the players, which a new-broom culture can so easily do, in fact the reverse, they look to be very positive and determined to a man. He seems to have instilled a real will to win in the squad and got them fit, mobile and playing to a pattern that really suits Embra's strengths.

Good boat-rocking, all things considered!
royc
World Cup Star

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum