An Email to Edinburgh Rugby

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: An Email to Edinburgh Rugby

Postby Pitfitter on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:26 pm

I’m no lawyer so comments re “terms and conditions “ I’ll leave others, I think your complaint is reasonable, it cannot be difficult for an administration such as Edinburgh Rugby to allocate seats in a similar pattern to that in use at Myreside, stewards seem to be around at the start and end of the game so that shouldn’t be a problem either, I of course assume that ER could run a TonySpreadbury up in brewery.
Good luck with your problem and keep us informed.
Pitfitter

Postby Weegie on Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:13 pm

I've had a holding replay saying I'll get a fuller response later.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:43 pm

Ditto, Weegie.
Flinty's Barmy Army
International

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:30 pm

A wee update. Despite the promise of a reply this morning, none received.
Flinty's Barmy Army
International

Postby Martin Bell on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Hope you get a satisfactory resolution, FBA. Whatever the contractual situation may be, common sense suggests that some sort of solution along the lines you suggest should be found.
Proud former sponsor of McKane legend @m4gnet_ and future Glasgow legend Rory Darge and current sponsor of @Muncaster_Ben
#lovinthescrummin
Martin Bell
World Cup Star

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:45 am

Fingers crossed, Martin.
Flinty's Barmy Army
International

Postby zt1903 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 pm

biffer wrote:
Wottie wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:
Sometimes there's more to it than T&C

Indeed there is but I think Biffer's point is that is it may be pish Customer Service, but its not a Breach of Contract.

That is exactly my point. Making some kind of alleged legalese point when your in the wrong doesn't help you make your main point.

I don’t think it’s unfair to describe it as reneging on the contract.

Gold tickets were sold on the basis that they got you a guaranteed reserved seat for the season. Regardless of whether there’s fine print that allows them to do so they have reneged on that guarantee.
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:58 am

zt1903 wrote:
biffer wrote:
Wottie wrote:
Indeed there is but I think Biffer's point is that is it may be pish Customer Service, but its not a Breach of Contract.

That is exactly my point. Making some kind of alleged legalese point when your in the wrong doesn't help you make your main point.

I don’t think it’s unfair to describe it as reneging on the contract.

Gold tickets were sold on the basis that they got you a guaranteed reserved seat for the season. Regardless of whether there’s fine print that allows them to do so they have reneged on that guarantee.

Have a look at the ts and cs. But that’s not actually my point. The point I was making is that if you start with that, you put into the mind of the person that your addressing that you consider this to be a legal issue and that’s the course of action you’re tending towards. That changes the way that the receiver reads the rest of the letter and prompts them to respond with the thought of legal action in their mind, rather than fairness. It has the potential to change the response and make it more guarded.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:09 pm

Update. An apology received for not replying on Friday as promised along with a promise to reply this evening.
Flinty's Barmy Army
International

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm

I received a reply today with an apology and full explanation of how we arrived at this situation. An acceptable compromise has been reached that guarantees the family and friends I go to games with will be able to sit together for the remaining 3 league fixtures. It's not a perfect situation but that's what compromising is about.

Anybody else had a reply?
Flinty's Barmy Army
International

Postby davidwebber72 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:19 pm

I sent an email last Tuesday morning & to Mr. Petries credit got a reply back quite quickly explaining the situation and that he would speak to his team & get back to me. Alas I heard nothing so I emailed again this morning & await his response.
davidwebber72
Embra Debut

Postby GaryIPA on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:13 pm

Flinty's Barmy Army wrote:I received a reply today with an apology and full explanation of how we arrived at this situation. An acceptable compromise has been reached that guarantees the family and friends I go to games with will be able to sit together for the remaining 3 league fixtures. It's not a perfect situation but that's what compromising is about.

Anybody else had a reply?

Sounds like it was worth raising
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby Flinty's Barmy Army on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:32 pm

GaryIPA wrote:Sounds like it was worth raising

It certainly was but then I knew I was in the right.
Flinty's Barmy Army
International

Previous

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum