Edinburgh v Munster: 16Mar18 - KO 1935 - BBC Alba

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Edinburgh v Munster: 02Mar18 - KO 1935 - BBC Alba

Postby The Feral Goat on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:31 pm

I like the no BS approach to everything tells it like it is, also looked like Marfo was back training as well from the clip I saw.

There was this in an Offside Line article as well.

“We’ve got three other guys from outside that we’re still looking to bring in to make the team stronger,” added Cockerill. “The lads who are playing now are working hard and they’re playing well, but we’ve got to move this team forward and the only way to make change is to change things. Nothing personal, that’s how it is.”

Safety first obviously, but I don’t think it would be in our favour for this game to be postponed, got some decent momentum and I think a bit of an advantage in terms of missing internationalists during the 6N.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Yes if had to be rescheduled on one of the two following 6N weekends we'd likely be deprived of Kinghorn,Toolis,Nel and possibly such as Bennett,Bradbury and Hardie providing cover as away matches-I suspect much more than Munster would lose.Really has to be played in that period as both clubs involved in Europe and no free weekends before the play offs ( as they could hardly take the risk on both clubs being eliminated in Euro QF's thus leaving w/e of 20/21 April free).
So very much in our interests to go ahead on Friday if at all possible-not looking good just now though!
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:00 pm

Glasgow game's been postponed.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:01 pm

It sounds like the postponement was as much to do with the Glasgow team flight being cancelled as anything else. The explanation that the pro 14 took the decision for the fans is a bit odd as if that was the case then there would be no games tomorrow night.

No idea if Munster are here already but would have thought that their journey tomorrow must be in doubt if it is then.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby TheSmidge on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:53 am

Got to think that there is severe doubt about the game now. I'm sure that the pitch could be clear, but with the Amber warnings persisting until this evening and snow forecast to continue through tomorrow, then it is surely a question of spectator safety. Those steps up to the East Stand could be precarious, and no matter how much they try to clear them, the sub-zero temperatures likely to persist could mean that there is a risk of more ice forming during the match!

Still, if the game is on, I'll be there. Just so happens that I will look a lot like the Michelin man....
TheSmidge
World Cup Star

Postby Chris on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:39 am

Chris
World Cup Star

Postby Pitfitter on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:29 am

Have to settle for a night in the pub then, if they're open. 8 members of staff in work[50%], line of 18 plate cars ready to go but not a customer in sight, no sign of the boss sending us home though. :roll:
Last edited by Pitfitter on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pitfitter

Postby biffer on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:30 am

Bum. I was looking forward to that. I'm pretty sure BTM would have been playable, think it's more about travel.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Pitfitter wrote:Have to settle for a night in the pub then, if they're open. 8 members of staff in work[50%], line of 18 plate cars ready to go but not a customer in sight, no sign of the boss sending us home though. :roll:

If you give me one of the cars I will drive you to the pub, Solved 2 problems for you in one and I get a free car, everyone is a winner!

Mixed feelings, negative for the potential result but positive in that there was no way I was getting there. Hopefully we can still beat them in the re-scheduled game. I don't think Scotland will take more than a couple of backup options to Italy and they tend to take foreign based players as they know they can control home based easier.

Will be interesting if it is a Sunday game we may even see some players benching in both games if needed. No reason why Nel and Kinghorn couldn't play 20 mins for Scotland and the same for Edinburgh the next day all being well.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:30 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:
Pitfitter wrote:Have to settle for a night in the pub then, if they're open. 8 members of staff in work[50%], line of 18 plate cars ready to go but not a customer in sight, no sign of the boss sending us home though. :roll:

If you give me one of the cars I will drive you to the pub, Solved 2 problems for you in one and I get a free car, everyone is a winner!

Mixed feelings, negative for the potential result but positive in that there was no way I was getting there. Hopefully we can still beat them in the re-scheduled game. I don't think Scotland will take more than a couple of backup options to Italy and they tend to take foreign based players as they know they can control home based easier.

Will be interesting if it is a Sunday game we may even see some players benching in both games if needed. No reason why Nel and Kinghorn couldn't play 20 mins for Scotland and the same for Edinburgh the next day all being well.

The travel back from Rome might make that a bit of a push.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby gunneria on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:02 pm

biffer wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:

Especially as they'll be celebrating winning the 6 Nations. :D
gunneria
World Cup Star

Postby Ron on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Jonny Petrie has confirmed that if ticket holders are unable to attend the rescheduled match they can contact the ticket office for a full refund. Season ticket holders on the other hand .........
That’s more problematic but they will consider a goodwill gesture on a case by case basis by contacting Edinburgh Rugby direct.
Ron
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:05 pm

We'll surely lose Kinghorn and Nel from what would have been tomorrow's line up-possibly Toolis,Cochrane,Bennett,Hardie(?) depending on how much extra cover they take to Rome.
Presumably also quite a few of the potential crowd will be off to Rome.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby Rico on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:02 pm

liveinhope wrote:We'll surely lose Kinghorn and Nel from what would have been tomorrow's line up-possibly Toolis,Cochrane,Bennett,Hardie(?) depending on how much extra cover they take to Rome.

Not ideal, I agree, but in fairness, we've done pretty well without most of those in recent weeks.
Rico
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:09 pm

biffer wrote:
dolf_lundgren wrote:

Its a push but do-able. There have been cases where the 24th man has left the ground at kick off time to catch a flight home. No reason they couldn't be on the first flight on the Sunday am. All depends on how much they play though, if they play a big part of the game it obviously isn't feasible.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum