TELEVISION DEAL FOR PRO14

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: TELEVISION DEAL FOR PRO14

Postby disco on Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Cut out and keep guide to the 50 confirmed TV matches for Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland this season plus a look at some of the costs of subscribing. If you're planning to go for the Premier Player key point is to wait until the introductory offer is announced next week before you start your first month.

https://wp.me/p68WtH-82w
disco
World Cup Star

Postby dunna on Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Just out of interest do any of our fans from abroad use Rugby Pass? https://www.rugbypass.com
dunna
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:18 am

disco wrote:Cut out and keep guide to the 50 confirmed TV matches for Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland this season plus a look at some of the costs of subscribing. If you're planning to go for the Premier Player key point is to wait until the introductory offer is announced next week before you start your first month.

Thanks disco, that’s very useful. I hope it’s okay that I shared the link with another forum when this topic came up this morning.

If anyone is interested the forum currently has an Edinburgh preview, beautifully penned, I must say. (cough)

The site is populated by posters from the Guardian’s rugby pages after that went all runny. The comments are on a wide variety of topics, but mainly rugby

https://www.aodrugby.com/aod/embra-cing ... nt-page-1/

Of course I would hope more comments will appear on this forum as we go through the season
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:01 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
disco wrote:Cut out and keep guide to the 50 confirmed TV matches for Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scotland this season plus a look at some of the costs of subscribing. If you're planning to go for the Premier Player key point is to wait until the introductory offer is announced next week before you start your first month.

Thanks disco, that’s very useful. I hope it’s okay that I shared the link with another forum when this topic came up this morning.

If anyone is interested the forum currently has an Edinburgh preview, beautifully penned, I must say. (cough)

The site is populated by posters from the Guardian’s rugby pages after that went all runny. The comments are on a wide variety of topics, but mainly rugby

https://www.aodrugby.com/aod/embra-cing ... nt-page-1/

Of course I would hope more comments will appear on this forum as we go through the season

No problem - always happy to reach new readers!

Good work on the preview - you write awfully eloquently for a former member of the front row fraternity... :P
disco
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:29 am

Thought I would subscribe to the Premier TV package but having problems! It wont accept my Sky Viewing Card Number which for me is a 9 digit number. Just keeps saying it wont accept this number, checked on the Sky services button in tv and i am using the right number. Anyone else had similar problems, and solved them? Reluctant to call the charged telephone line. Looks like it is a bit of a scam to me to force folk to use the premium charge phone line?
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby doedin on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:42 pm

doedin wrote:Thought I would subscribe to the Premier TV package but having problems! It wont accept my Sky Viewing Card Number which for me is a 9 digit number. Just keeps saying it wont accept this number, checked on the Sky services button in tv and i am using the right number. Anyone else had similar problems, and solved them? Reluctant to call the charged telephone line. Looks like it is a bit of a scam to me to force folk to use the premium charge phone line?

Sorted - mea culpa! Turned out I had never changed the address on my Sky account when I last moved home. All working perfectly now, used the voucher code for £89 one-off payment and now enjoying Polish Speedway racing and Scaletrix for big kids! Roll on the new season!
doedin
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:05 pm

Scottish broadcast team announced. Dougie Vipond, Jim Hamilton, Chris Patterson, Doddie Weir, Emma Dodds, Rory Lawson, Al Kellock and Rory Hamilton.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:16 pm

Swap Alan Tait in for Hamilton and that would be ideal.

Possibly Colin Gregor for Kellock too.
But generally pretty good.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:59 pm

dolf_lundgren wrote:Swap Alan Tait in for Hamilton and that would be ideal.

Possibly Colin Gregor for Kellock too.
But generally pretty good.

Always found Alan Tait pretty boring, Hamilton is at least lively.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:15 pm

I think it is a decent lineup never going to please everyone but could have been an awful lot worse.

Got to get a balance between analysis and entertainment so will be interesting to see where they feature. I quite like Jim Hamilton but can see him doing perhaps more of the 'rugby tonight' style studio stuff.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:56 am

The Feral Goat wrote:I think it is a decent lineup never going to please everyone but could have been an awful lot worse.

Got to get a balance between analysis and entertainment so will be interesting to see where they feature. I quite like Jim Hamilton but can see him doing perhaps more of the 'rugby tonight' style studio stuff.

Big Jim announced on Twitter he's doing the colour commentary for our game on Friday. He was good for BT during the Autumn with Nick Mullins.

Reckon Lawson and Doddie will be your analysts.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:44 am

Does anyone know more about the ST discount and how to claim it. I'm considering getting Premier although not happy about it! Not heard anything or received a discount code. Ta!
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby Edinburgh Shark on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:03 am

The Nudger wrote:Does anyone know more about the ST discount and how to claim it. I'm considering getting Premier although not happy about it! Not heard anything or received a discount code. Ta!

Premier Sports tweeted last night

"For monthly customers, we are offering a first month free currently on Sky, and the same offer tomorrow or Thurs for the Premier Player."
Edinburgh Shark
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:53 am

The Nudger wrote:Does anyone know more about the ST discount and how to claim it. I'm considering getting Premier although not happy about it! Not heard anything or received a discount code. Ta!

I saw something on one of the Boards indicating that Premier Sports had advised the Scarlets that the proposed ST Offer was not going to materialise now so probably best to go with the £9.99 pm month option with the 1st month free (you can cancel through the close season I think?). There was an £89 12 month Code kicking around but looks like that has been removed now but give it a go when subscribing, it was PREMIER89, it may work. I'll be trying it tonight as just upgraded my SkyHD to SkyQ today.
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby Hil on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Wottie wrote:

I saw something on one of the Boards indicating that Premier Sports had advised the Scarlets that the proposed ST Offer was not going to materialise now so probably best to go with the £9.99 pm month option with the 1st month free (you can cancel through the close season I think?). There was an £89 12 month Code kicking around but looks like that has been removed now but give it a go when subscribing, it was PREMIER89, it may work. I'll be trying it tonight as just upgraded my SkyHD to SkyQ today.

I used the PREMIER89 code yesterday evening and it worked fine - £89 for the year on Sky.
Slam the drop of victory
Hil
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum