TELEVISION DEAL FOR PRO14

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: TELEVISION DEAL FOR PRO14

Postby The Feral Goat on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Scottish lineup to be announced still, but Robson and butler confirmed ffs

If the first match starts with some bullshit Eddie butler monologue my beer will go through the TV he is a talentless twat and struggles to ID international players nevermind pro14.

https://www.pro14rugby.org/2018/08/14/s ... in%20Wales
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Anyone know when they will be announcing their ST holders deal on subscriptions?
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:54 am

They tweeted end of next week. Will be offers for both monthly and annual subscription.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:06 am

The Feral Goat wrote:They tweeted end of next week. Will be offers for both monthly and annual subscription.

I am a bit late to the game on this. Apparently I would Be £99 per year on Sky. Does this mean I should hang fire as there will be season ticket holder offers coming?
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:32 am

That is my understanding, that they are going to do special offers for Pro14 ST holders.
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:07 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:That is my understanding, that they are going to do special offers for Pro14 ST holders.

Ta
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 pm

Unimpressive first experience of Premier Sports. Went to subscribe via the website, got through the entire process to the payment details page, whereupon it crashed. Twice.

The customer care line is 13p per minute, so haven’t braved that yet.

P!ss poor customer experience is far, so I haven’t subscribed yet... hope their service improves or no one will be watching.

BTW there’s a discount code that seemed to be accepted, PREMIER89, which in theory gets you the annual upfront subscription via Sky for £89 rather than £99 (or £9.99 pm).

Anyone managed to subscribe so far?
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Tichtheid on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:34 pm

New Gunner wrote:Unimpressive first experience of Premier Sports. Went to subscribe via the website, got through the entire process to the payment details page, whereupon it crashed. Twice.

P!ss poor customer experience is far, so I haven’t subscribed yet... hope their service improves or no one will be watching.

BTW there’s a discount code that seemed to be accepted, PREMIER89, which in theory gets you the annual upfront subscription via Sky for £89 rather than £99 (or £9.99 pm).

I'm on Virgin so I'm considering subscribing through them rather than online, but only one of the two channels currently appears on their online app.
Virgin have put Premier on for free for two months, so if/when I do subscribe I won't have to sign up before October, if I have my dates correct.

The channels work fine on Virgin, if that is of any use as information
Tichtheid
World Cup Star

Postby David990 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Read on the Glasgow forum that Dougie Vipond is leading the Scottish contingent.
David990
International

Postby disco on Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Tichtheid wrote:
New Gunner wrote:Unimpressive first experience of Premier Sports. Went to subscribe via the website, got through the entire process to the payment details page, whereupon it crashed. Twice.

I'm on Virgin so I'm considering subscribing through them rather than online, but only one of the two channels currently appears on their online app.
Virgin have put Premier on for free for two months, so if/when I do subscribe I won't have to sign up before October, if I have my dates correct.

The channels work fine on Virgin, if that is of any use as information

Worth double checking but I think the 2 months free on Virgin kicked off on 21 July which would mean it expires 20 September - just before Edinburgh's game against Leinster in Dublin.
disco
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:57 am

Subscribed via the web site for the £99 deal. No problems - I'm accessing via Sky and it was live in a few minutes.
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:24 pm

The Chiel wrote:Subscribed via the web site for the £99 deal. No problems - I'm accessing via Sky and it was live in a few minutes.

Thanks TC - the problem seems to be that it gave me the payment option of credit/debit card OR direct debit, but if I selected the former the site crashed each time. I get that maybe the £89 deal is only available via DD, but then the application should be formatted without the option. Anyway, all done now, loving the NASCAR... :roll:

Hopefully others can benefit from the discount code.
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby The Chiel on Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:43 am

New Gunner wrote:
The Chiel wrote:Subscribed via the web site for the £99 deal. No problems - I'm accessing via Sky and it was live in a few minutes.

Thanks TC - the problem seems to be that it gave me the payment option of credit/debit card OR direct debit, but if I selected the former the site crashed each time. I get that maybe the £89 deal is only available via DD, but then the application should be formatted without the option. Anyway, all done now, loving the NASCAR... :roll:

Hopefully others can benefit from the discount code.

If it hadn't worked for me I could now use the discount code for a tenner less :( Win some lose some I guess. Anyway, this isn't getting the Polish speedway watched . . . . :)
The Chiel
World Cup Star

Postby Weegie on Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:30 pm

Also crashed for me when I tried to pay a one off payment by credit/debit card, OK for DD.

A cynic might suggest this was intentional so you auto renew by default.
Weegie
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Weegie wrote:Also crashed for me when I tried to pay a one off payment by credit/debit card, OK for DD.

A cynic might suggest this was intentional so you auto renew by default.

It will automatically renew off your debit or credit card as well. 5 working days notice to cancel if paying by card. 15 working days if it's by DD.
disco
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum