Bloos v Ulster

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Re: Bloos v Ulster

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:07 pm

28-17. 82
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:08 pm

35-17 bp ft
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:37 pm

Come on Munster! (And that must be a first for me..!)
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby gunneria on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Do you think Cockers sacrifices goats or something? The alignment of the stars does not ever happen for ER.
gunneria
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Frenchy wrote:If I've counted right, then a victory against Ulster will guarantee 3rd place.

Yep any Edinburgh win v Ulster and you're in the Finals Series.
disco
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:53 pm

Benetton must be in with a chance of catching ulster now as well, can only be a few points behind not sure what there run in is like though
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby GaryIPA on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:54 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:Benetton must be in with a chance of catching ulster now as well, can only be a few points behind not sure what there run in is like though

Easy
'The slap is immense'

"this is not soccer"
GaryIPA
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:51 pm

GaryIPA wrote:
The Feral Goat wrote:Benetton must be in with a chance of catching ulster now as well, can only be a few points behind not sure what there run in is like though

Easy

Can't find an up to date table but I think they will only be 2pts behind with ulster a game in hand. treviso have dragons at home, leinster away, Zebre at home
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby Frenchy on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:22 pm

The Feral Goat wrote:
GaryIPA wrote:

Easy

Can't find an up to date table but I think they will only be 2pts behind with ulster a game in hand. treviso have dragons at home, leinster away, Zebre at home

Just 1 point behind, they got bonus point today as well I think.
Frenchy
World Cup Star

Postby liveinhope on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:38 pm

disco wrote:
Frenchy wrote:If I've counted right, then a victory against Ulster will guarantee 3rd place.

? not sure if that's right.Even if we beat Ulster with a 5 point BP win on 7th April at most we'll be 14 points ahead of them-but Ulster will still have three games (as opposed to our two) still to play and of course that means they could still harvest 15 points from those games.
So yes any would would surely all but seal it but not mathematically by any means.
liveinhope
World Cup Star

Postby gunneria on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:41 pm

liveinhope wrote:
disco wrote:

? not sure if that's right.Even if we beat Ulster with a 5 point BP win on 7th April at most we'll be 14 points ahead of them-but Ulster will still have three games (as opposed to our two) still to play and of course that means they could still harvest 15 points from those games.
So yes any would would surely all but seal it but not mathematically by any means.

We're currently 13 ahead.
gunneria
World Cup Star

Postby disco on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:43 pm

liveinhope wrote:
disco wrote:

You're 13 points ahead of them right now. Worst case scenario in the event of an Edinburgh win in Round 19 you're 15 points ahead after that match. Ulster could equal your points total with 3 BP wins in their remaining fixtures but they could only get to 12 wins and you would have 14 - wins being the first tiebreaker if points are level.
disco
World Cup Star

Postby The Nudger on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:27 am

Never mind Ulster and third, I'm pretty sure 3 home wins and we finish second!
Illegitimi non Carborundum
The Nudger
World Cup Star

Postby New Gunner on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:48 am

The Nudger wrote:Never mind Ulster and third, I'm pretty sure 3 home wins and we finish second!

In all likelihood yes, but we could win our 3 home games and Scarlets could still be ahead of us by up to 2 points:

Scarlets currently ahead by 2 points
ER 3 x 4 points = 12
Scarlets 2 x 5 points + 2 points v ER (LBP + 4TBP) = 12

However both Ulster and Scarlets still have to play Glasgow, so we could really use some assistance from along the M8, as a courtesy following our beating Munster.

Had a brief moment of madness where I thought maybe we could catch Leinster, alas their run-in is Zebre & Treviso at home, then Connacht away. Always a pipe dream anyway...
New Gunner
World Cup Star

Postby Wottie on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:27 am

Not that looking back is helpful and there are always if and buts, however, had we not blown that 17 point lead and 5 pointer at home to Benetton, we would be going into these last 3 games (all at home) in joint top spot with Leinster and undefeated at home all season! :roll:
Bill Mata. The second coming?
"Commitment should not be commended, it should be expected really!"
Wottie
World Cup Star

PreviousNext

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum