Edinburgh v Glasgow II

RaboDirect Pro12 & Heineken Match Discussion, Referee Retribution, and Player Powwow

Moderators: pedro52, chappo, Ron, Loops

Forum rules
The Edinburgh Rugby Supporters Club is run by fans for fans. Please keep your comments on topic and treat other posters with respect.

Edinburgh v Glasgow II

Postby Weegie on Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:43 pm

Edinburgh may as well give up now.

Glasgow have a world record holder in their ranks.

https://twitter.com/GlasgowWarriors?ref ... r%5Eauthor
Weegie
World Cup Star

Re: Edinburgh v Glasgow II

Postby Pitfitter on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:26 pm

He could have a minor accident in warm up if one of our spare props is running and not looking where he's going?
Pitfitter

Postby biffer on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Kickoff time confirmed as 7.45 by Pro14. Live on Sky Sports.

Prepare for the wails of indignation from Ireland and Wales about us getting an advantage from the kickoff time.
Don't mention Rory Hutton. I did once but I think I got away with it.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:17 pm

The kick of time is an absolute nonsense. How are people travelling from Glasgow and then around Scotland going to get home?

It's a farce and the SRU have totally shot themselves in the foot, crowd size will end up around half of what it could be. Ridiculous.

Should be woman's final at 12, men's at 2:30 and then Glasgow Edinburgh at 5. Gone too far and ruined a good idea.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:50 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:The kick of time is an absolute nonsense. How are people travelling from Glasgow and then around Scotland going to get home?

It's a farce and the SRU have totally shot themselves in the foot, crowd size will end up around half of what it could be. Ridiculous.

Should be woman's final at 12, men's at 2:30 and then Glasgow Edinburgh at 5. Gone too far and ruined a good idea.

Oh come on, don’t be such a softcock.

Game will be finished in plenty time for public transport if required or otherwise it’s an hour's drive.
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:57 am

zt1903 wrote:
Friday Knight Lights wrote:The kick of time is an absolute nonsense. How are people travelling from Glasgow and then around Scotland going to get home?

Game will be finished in plenty time for public transport if required or otherwise it’s an hour's drive.

You should come over to the Glasgow board and tell them that. It'll be fun. :lol:
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:15 am

I'm not sure how it is any different from a 7.30pm game at Scotstoun? Away fans always have that dilemma.

They are quick to point out how hard done by they are with this as an away game (although they are getting free tickets) so why would the timing be suited to them.

It will be TV dictating the kcik off not the SRU/Edinburgh.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:30 am

As a long suffering Aberdeen FC fan I have had the pleasure of a many a midweek 8 pm kick-off at Hampden, sometimes with extra-time and penalties, and then having to get back to Aberdeen after all public transport has finished. Could be painful, especially in the days before they bypassed Dunblane.

An away team needing to navigate the length of the M8 at 9:30pm is far from ridiculous.
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:36 am

zt1903 wrote:

Game fineshes around 9:30. Leaving Murrayfield and on the road for 10 so you're getting home late. Public transport you get to Queen Street or a bus station for 11 and then you have to get public transport home which could be tough. Will parents want to take kids with that late kickoff? Less likely.

It's not going to attract anyone without a strong interest. And that's just Glasgow - what about folks from Stirling, Dundee, Aberdeen, the borders etc?

V poor planning for what should be the show piece event of Scottish club rugby.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby The Feral Goat on Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:50 am

Match schedule below, perhaps could have brought 1872 in a little but as has been said TV will dictate KO as well.

Turnstiles open 9.30am

• BT Men’s Bowl Final, Wigtownshire v Ross Sutherland | kick-off 10am, International Pitch
• BT Women’s Bowl Final, kick-off 11am, Back Pitches
• BT Women’s Plate Final, kick-off 11am, Back Pitches
• BT Men’s Shield Final, Carrick v Hawick Harlequins | kick-off 12.05pm, International Pitch
• Sarah Beaney Cup Final, kick-off 2.10pm, International Pitch
• BT Men’s Cup Final, Stirling County v Melrose | kick-off 4.30pm, International Pitch
• 1872 Cup, kick-off 7.45pm, International Pitch
The Feral Goat
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:14 am

The Feral Goat wrote:Match schedule below, perhaps could have brought 1872 in a little but as has been said TV will dictate KO as well.

Turnstiles open 9.30am

• BT Men’s Bowl Final, Wigtownshire v Ross Sutherland | kick-off 10am, International Pitch
• BT Women’s Bowl Final, kick-off 11am, Back Pitches
• BT Women’s Plate Final, kick-off 11am, Back Pitches
• BT Men’s Shield Final, Carrick v Hawick Harlequins | kick-off 12.05pm, International Pitch
• Sarah Beaney Cup Final, kick-off 2.10pm, International Pitch
• BT Men’s Cup Final, Stirling County v Melrose | kick-off 4.30pm, International Pitch
• 1872 Cup, kick-off 7.45pm, International Pitch

Men's bowl onto the back pitches is the obvious solution, but I'm not going to pretend I'm particularly worried about the timings.
biffer
World Cup Star

Postby dolf_lundgren on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:15 am

Thats not how I envisaged it at all. The chances of many people coming 3 hours early to watch the club game or hanging around so long at the end are small.

That for me is a bigger issue than the Glasgow fans, it takes the point of the day away.
dolf_lundgren
World Cup Star

Postby zt1903 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:21 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:
zt1903 wrote:

Game fineshes around 9:30. Leaving Murrayfield and on the road for 10 so you're getting home late. Public transport you get to Queen Street or a bus station for 11 and then you have to get public transport home which could be tough. Will parents want to take kids with that late kickoff? Less likely.

It's not going to attract anyone without a strong interest. And that's just Glasgow - what about folks from Stirling, Dundee, Aberdeen, the borders etc?

V poor planning for what should be the show piece event of Scottish club rugby.

:lol:

Folks coming from Dundee or Stirling have it no worse than those from Glasgow.

Those of us from Aberdeen are used to it after years of being jerked around by the SFA, which doesn’t stop thousands of us going to midweek Hampden matches.

Weegies are just too used to having it their own way in relation to Scottish sporting events I guess.
zt1903
World Cup Star

Postby Friday Knight Lights on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:45 am

When was the last midweek semi final at Hampden? Last midweek semi I can think of would've been Vs Dundee united at Tyncastle.

They stopped them years ago and now Aberdeen fans complain bitterly about 12 o'clock weekend kick offs and have fill their end at best. The SFA WayneBarnes up with 12 o'clock Aberdeen kick offs too.

People won't want to travel to Edinburgh for a game finishing after 9. It's not about Glasgow having it their own way it's about the SRU ruining a good idea.
Friday Knight Lights
World Cup Star

Postby biffer on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:56 am

Friday Knight Lights wrote:When was the last midweek semi final at Hampden? Last midweek semi I can think of would've been Vs Dundee united at Tyncastle.

They stopped them years ago and now Aberdeen fans complain bitterly about 12 o'clock weekend kick offs and have fill their end at best. The SFA WayneBarnes up with 12 o'clock Aberdeen kick offs too.

People won't want to travel to Edinburgh for a game finishing after 9. It's not about Glasgow having it their own way it's about the SRU ruining a good idea.

Aberdeen played on a Tuesday night in Motherwell three days ago.
biffer
World Cup Star

Next

Return to Edinburgh Rugby Forum